Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X purchased before the announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, as well as only using 1 of the 8 cameras and turning off Autosteer+, "self-park when near a parking spot", and "On-ramp to Off-ramp".

We know that even before we have any autopilot enabled on AP 2.0 hardware (should have it by end of Dec) it will be in shadow mode collecting data from all cameras and sensors. I really wonder if they would actually limit autopilot to only using 1 camera when they are already feeding all the information into the system for processing or if they just say that as a marketing ploy to get people to "upgrade"

Reactions: MP3Mike
I received the exact same text in the response from my delivery person so clearly that's a standard response.

Keep in mind that Tesla is adding sensors -- the AP 1 sensors/camera/radar are still there. If you paid the $3K for AP1, the software will continue to use the original sensors. If you upgrade to AP2 for an additional $2K (in the US), the software will take advantage of all the new sensors and cameras. And provide some of the additional features which as auto lane change.

As with the 60D versus the 75D, Tesla may be putting the new hardware in place but won't let you take advantage of it unless you pay.

I have a Model X 60D scheduled for early Dec. delivery so of course I'll get the new hardware. I opted to pay the $2K to get AP2.

My DS just confirmed that my Model X, which entered production state on Saturday 15th (or maybe it was Friday), will include the new hardware. However it seems I will need to pay the higher fee to get it activated.
Lucky you bilen! My car entered production Wednesday 12th. No AP2. I will cancel and reorder. Hälsningar Kent i Malmö,