Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X range increased by over 10% according to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So as of today, the stated range im Tesla's configurator increased from 487km to 548km (+13%) for the Performance version and to 561km for the Long Range version (unfortunately don't know what that figure was before). They also increased stated top speed for the Performance to 261km/h (Long Range remains at 250km/h).

The 13% increase on the P model seems quite significant to me, but i found no hints on what they changed to get there.

Edit: Estimated delivery date is still shown as November. All the above is related to the configurator accessed from Switzerland.

This is probably just analogous to the 402 mle Model S offical range update, so just a new EPA measurement after efficiency improvements. The efficiency gain can be calculated from the window sticker data.

Possibly, but the increase is around double that. But that might also be due to different testing/measuring standards. I also did not catch whether Tesla itself actually increased their advertised range in the US or not, so wanted to share this anyway.

US configuration and specs now list the 371 that has been discussed as being shown on the newly delivered stickers as well. What should be interesting is how far back vehicles will get it or only those that are 2021 with H battery.

At least they have not amended it for the showroom cars listed for sale, which should be quite current builds (but might also be that it just has not been updated (yet)).

Great news! Now I hope that Elon drops the price of the X to follow the S to keep the delta between the two the same as they always have. Fingers crossed.

Here they have dropped the leasing rate with their preferred provider from 3.5% to 0.99% until Dec 13 (so for all orders they could still ship this year I guess), with Tesla supposedly covering the difference. So for people looking for a lease, it is kind of a price decrease. I therefore doubt that an additional decrease will come (at least not in our region).

Has anyone tested that this is actually a real range increase and not just a rating change?
Safe to say no...no many have taken delivery of 2021's
There is a guy on facebook reporting is MX with “e” battery got the 371 range update. Haven’t seen it on my MXLR+ with F battery yet.
I saw that too but he's mistaken. He say's he has 'E' in the 7th digit of his VIN, NOT the battery code on the battery itself.

There is a guy on facebook reporting is MX with “e” battery got the 371 range update. Haven’t seen it on my MXLR+ with F battery yet.

I went through all the inventory long range plus cars you can see on EV-CPO.com. A decent amount of the inventory cars with over 100 miles on them show the new range. I doubt any of those cars are October build either. So I would think it looks good this will be an OTA for X’s built In the past couple months.
2020 Model X | Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.