Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just back from a spoiler test ride and the definitive answer is in:

on the 90D the spoiler is definitely NOT inactive.......once I hit mid 40's it tipped down dramatically.

Well, well, well. Thanks for this. So that leaves us to wonder if this is something just limited to the early 90Ds (before they're able to implement fixed spoiler), or just a communication snafu at configuration, or what. I'm hopeful nobody purchased the P90D exclusively for the purpose of getting an adaptive spoiler - if they did, I'm guessing we'll be hearing from them shortly below.

Reactions: MrBoylan
Just back from a spoiler test ride and the definitive answer is in:

on the 90D the spoiler is definitely NOT inactive.......once I hit mid 40's it tipped down dramatically.

Thanks for the report! Is there anything in the settings page for the spoiler on your 90D? The manual for the X indicates there should be a settings control for the spoiler, but I think it's describing the P90D function.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out once the 70D deliveries start. Based purely on the design studio specifications and description, there should be no difference in how the spoiler functions between the 70D and 90D. It could just be a case where the differentiating factor in P90 vs. 90 is the ability to adjust the spoiler via settings.

Thanks for the report! Is there anything in the settings page for the spoiler on your 90D? The manual for the X indicates there should be a settings control for the spoiler, but I think it's describing the P90D function.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out once the 70D deliveries start. Based purely on the design studio specifications and description, there should be no difference in how the spoiler functions between the 70D and 90D. It could just be a case where the differentiating factor in P90 vs. 90 is the ability to adjust the spoiler via settings.

In the settings page there is one setting for automatic or extended ( under service and reset tab)

We got the P90D but we didn't get it because of the spoiler. However, the fact that it was advertised as an extra feature in the $20k upgrade and then it turns out not to be is kind of a low blow. It was probably made to simplify manufacturing, but it's still a case of misleading information.

An update. Based on 4700 miles now, mixed freeway and rural, my overall average "mileage" is 347wh/mile. Although we spent time in Arizona, much of the recent driving has been in 45-50deg weather. I'm betting this number will improve during Spring/Summer.

I'm seeing similar numbers for the ~200 miles I drove over the weekend. Highway driving I was running lower than that, town driving was higher.

Reactions: MrBoylan
An update. Based on 4700 miles now, mixed freeway and rural, my overall average "mileage" is 347wh/mile. Although we spent time in Arizona, much of the recent driving has been in 45-50deg weather. I'm betting this number will improve during Spring/Summer.

Are you just using the trip meter and not resetting it or is there another way to see Wh/M somewhere?

We just got our regular 90D last night and had a 160 mile trip back home from Fremont. 680 was a parking lot and stop and go. Oddly the kwh/mi was around 328. Later when we got up to speed (averaging 65-70) it improved. Outside temp was around 80 degrees F and we did not have the AC on at first but later at 75 degrees F.

The first picture was an hour and half into the drive where it was mostly stop and go. Note we only went 32.6 miles in that time. Welcome to the Bay Area on a evening commute. The Wh/mi is around 327. Probably what you would expect for a 90D.

IMG_3861.JPG

This next picture is much later into the drive where we have been averaging around 65 to 70 mph. The Wh/mi has dropped to 316. The outside temp started around 80 and lowered to 75. The car was set at 75 with the back turned off.

IMG_3873.JPG

When we pulled into the supercharger in Folsom to top the car off and get a bit to each this is what was displayed:

IMG_3874.JPG