Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Raven - never experienced phantom braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model X Raven purchased new in December 2019 with FSD, and now have 13,000 miles on it, mostly freeway driving in FSD. I have version 2022. 36.2. I believe, but I am not sure, that my radar has been turned off with this latest update. I do not have FSD beta.

I have never experienced phantom breaking! Are there many as fortunate as I am?

Obviously, I want to keep a good thing. Is there a risk that future software updates might cause me to experience phantom braking? Also if I were to get FSD Beta could that cause the problem to occur?

Please advise. Thank you.

I have a Model X Raven purchased new in December 2019 with FSD, and now have 13,000 miles on it, mostly freeway driving in FSD. I have version 2022. 36.2. I believe, but I am not sure, that my radar has been turned off with this latest update. I do not have FSD beta.

Obviously, I want to keep a good thing. Is there a risk that future software updates might cause me to experience phantom braking? Also if I were to get FSD Beta could that cause the problem to occur?

Software updates are generally good. But obviously there is no way to tell for sure without installing it. If an update is really bad, it will likely be replaced pretty quickly. It has been quite a long time that an update badly broke something. You can also change your update preference to Standard instead of Advanced. That presumably will offer updates less frequently.

If you are worried about getting FSD Beta, just don't request to be part of the Beta, it is pre-release software and makes lots of mistakes. There are far more folks that have chosen to not be part of the Beta, than those that have.

Upvote 0
If an update is really bad, it will likely be replaced pretty quickly. It has been quite a long time that an update badly broke something.

Well... v11 was released this past Christmas, and it buried climate controls behind additional menus. There were many people that were very disappointed with it. It took more than 6 months for Tesla to fix the things it broke, and it's still worse in some ways than what came before it.

I've been holding off on the radar removal update for weeks now. I'm really not interested in losing radar. Cameras? No thanks.

That said, I don't have actual data that confirms that the removal of radar increases phantom braking, worsens automatic emergency braking or makes the vehicle less safe in any other way.

Reactions: Battpower and Genie
Upvote 0
Well... v11 was released this past Christmas, and it buried climate controls behind additional menus. There were many people that were very disappointed with it. It took more than 6 months for Tesla to fix the things it broke, and it's still worse in some ways than what came before it.
I've been holding off on the radar removal update for weeks now. I'm really not interested in losing radar. Cameras? No thanks.
That said, I don't have actual data that confirms that the removal of radar increases phantom braking, worsens automatic emergency braking or makes the vehicle less safe in any other way.
That may all be true in your opinion. But it did not actually break anything. The car still ran fine. I have had one instance of PB, while driving on a rural interstate at night, with no one in front of me nor anyone behind me. I Punched the autopilot camera report button and went on my way.

Upvote 0
Apparently recent updates have broken the onscreen keyboard:

In my almost 2 year experience owning a Tesla, this is par for the course. It seems like Tesla's software developers are rogue amateurs with no oversight. What would cause someone to decide that the onscreen keyboard no longer needs the spacebar?

Upvote 0

You must not have the vision only update.

Upvote 0