Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X rear end repair/replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MCCC

Jan 4, 2019
Hello,

Does anyone have an idea the cost and process for a repair as shown in the picture? And how long it might take? Thanks much!

Attachments

• 782B12D2-83B4-4A0E-A2DC-587901EF6CFA.jpeg
    782B12D2-83B4-4A0E-A2DC-587901EF6CFA.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 149
Hello,

Does anyone have an idea the cost and process for a repair as shown in the picture? And how long it might take? Thanks much!

Ouch. Sorry no idea on the costs.

But given the long delays in getting parts, I would take it to the body shop. Let them inspect it and order parts. But make them reassemble it to a drivable state. Do not let them keep the car, even if you need to use duct tape to hold things together. You don't want them holding onto your car while they are being held hostage to Tesla's slooooow parts delivery.

Reactions: r0xx0r
It looks like you're in San Jose. If so, then consider yourself fortunate (or less unfortunate). Tesla has their own body shop in San Jose, where you don't have parts delay issues. I consider it a no brainer to fix it there just so you don't lose your car for weeks/months.

Body Shop Support
Scroll down to Tesla Body Repair Center.

It looks like you're in San Jose. If so, then consider yourself fortunate (or less unfortunate). Tesla has their own body shop in San Jose, where you don't have parts delay issues. I consider it a no brainer to fix it there just so you don't lose your car for weeks/months.

Body Shop Support
Scroll down to Tesla Body Repair Center.

I agree that taking it to a Tesla Bodyshop would be their best bet. Just one observation based on my recent experience, Tesla bodyshops may still have challenges sourcing parts, as it took more than three weeks to get a spoiler for my Model X last month, which is required after any modifications to the lift gate. I might recommend taking it sooner rather than later to get the parts on order and do not let them start working until are parts are on hand.