Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will report back when I get final repair invoice as they are also working on a dashboard noise so not sure what the final cause was. I also heard back they adjusted the FWDs as much as they could and if I don’t like them when I pick up Friday they will have to send to the body shop. I could have lived with the minor trim alignment issues but when one door doesn’t work without manually overriding on the screen and the other hitting the car body wearing away the paint that’s what I want fixed. Will see how things look when they are done.
My MSLR has dust behind instrument panel cover and the SC doesn't do anything about it... Would be curious to hear if they could fix/replace it for you.

Edited: just saw your post saying that they'll replace the entire instrument cluster. That's great

Does anyone else have issues with voice commands? I dont have an accent and annunciate well but the Tesla just either completely misunderstands me or does nothing at all. My Fiances model 3 works so much better. Could I have a bad mic?
I've been very disappointed with voice commands (it's my first Tesla). I'm not sure if I'm just used to Alexa/Echo devices, which is 1000x better, or if something is wrong. Commands are just extremely limited and it is very slow.

Just a reminder from page 1 - make sure to enter your issues on the issue tracking spreadsheet :)

Instances ReportedIssueResolution
1"Model X" badge missing on left FWDOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver and passenger climate controls linkedOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Speaker issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Missing floor carpet mats at deliveryResolution - Performed by Service Center
2Missing trunk panel - small left pocketOutstanding - Due at service center
3Missing 22" wheel insertsOutstanding - Due at service center
1Missing black rubber strip at top of frunk near windshield cornerOutstanding - no resolution identified
5Key fobs unresponsive to carResolution - Initial pairing performed by user per manual
11Cosmetic or functional issues with seats (see details column)Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.Outstanding - no resolution identified
4Curb rash on rims at deliveryOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly.Outstanding - no resolution identified
3Paint issues - mismatched color on exterior piecesOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Weatherstripping issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Creaking sounds while driving on uneven surfaces. Outstanding - no resolution identified
9Paint issues - scratches or chipsResolution - Performed by Service Center
1White plastic strip hanging from FWD hingeOutstanding - no resolution identified
5DentResolution - Performed by Service Center
1Coat hanger mount crookedResolution - Performed by Service Center
3Noise from seats - squeakingOutstanding - no resolution identified
26Off alignment - FWDResolution - Performed by Service Center
3Off alignment - FrunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
4Off alignment - FWD GlassResolution - Performed by Service Center
14Off alignment - OtherOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Rear screen video display issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Summon only operates in reverse and not forwardOutstanding - SC: "wait for software update"
1Dust visible behind instrument panelOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Crack in tail lightOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Whining sound while driving or acceloratingOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Chip or crack in glassOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Missing Key FobsOutstanding - no resolution identified
7Driver door latching issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Missing pieces of interior trimOutstanding - no resolution identified
1MCU lost connectivityOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Distortion in windshield glassResolution - Replaced windshield glass
1Headlights level is misalignedOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Camera - Left Repeater housing is looseOutstanding - no resolution identified
2MCU Reboots UnexpedlyOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Mismatched interior trim colorsOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Windshield off alignmentOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Center console missing USB portsOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Condensation / Fog in tail lightsOutstanding - no resolution identified

Is the consumption graph missing from V11 in the Refreshed X? Here's a screen capture that I ran across on twitter. It looks like the icon for it is a green graph but I can't find the option for that graph in my car.

Attachments

• IMG_2488.JPG
    IMG_2488.JPG
    357.2 KB · Views: 93
Is the consumption graph missing from V11 in the Refreshed X? Here's a screen capture that I ran across on twitter. It looks like the icon for it is a green graph but I can't find the option for that graph in my car.
The energy menu (as pictured above) is not visible/available to refresh X/S owners. No idea why, but I found that useful information and am missing not having it. Closest I can find is the trips menu item- not as useful

• Informative
Reactions: shingles
I’ve had my refreshed model X LR getting QE issues resolved since Feb 1. It was only suppose to take 3-4 days max. The service department admitted they dented the drivers side door and needed to send it to a body shop. They apologized and said 1 week. About 8 time shifts (and 4 weeks later), I’m finally picking my car back up tomorrow. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Tesla has had possession of my new X longer tHan me.

They should provide free supercharging or something - right???

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: JAG and Vitaman
Hi folks I have an alignment issue on the trunk door. There is a panel gap which isn’t too bad but visible enough. I took it to the service center to get it fixed but they are saying that fixing the alignment on the lift gate is very complex and might cause alignment issues in the fwd. they say they can try to fix it but it’s up to me to decide if I want it fixed. Anyone else with same issue, any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

My driver's side FWD has a minor misalignment along the rear of the door. I noticed some water drops on the FWD sill, near the driver's seat, after going through a car wash - which I thought was just dripping in when I opened the FWD. But I determined that it was leaking when the FWD was closed. I already have a scheduled service appointment for the misalignment so I will have it looked at then.

I’ve posted this question In other threads and I haven’t received much feedback so I thought I’d try here. When I press the accelerator hard, especially on the highway (ie over 50 mps), I get a high pitch sound like a dental drill … clearly electricity going into the front permanent magnet motor. As soon as I let off it stops. Is this normal? Refresh MXLR. Ty