Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone that updated to 2022.8.2 get this error? I rebooted but was only able to restore power to the left side. My right center chair won’t slide forward or backward and I cant unfold the right rear seat. Scheduled appointment… sigh
I have the same error codes after updating. Sounds like a software issue from what others have said.

Has anyone been having issues with the turn signals? Occasionally, I get an error that says “Turn signal fault”, and I need to bring it in for service. Everything seems to work fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: tintedrosie
FWIW, I installed 2022.8.2 and my charge port door issue (would not open when charger button is pressed) has gone away. I will monitor it. Keeping my SC appointment until I am comfortable it is working consistently.

Also, I had GPS drift previously. Small sample size so far, but I have not noticed it since the update.

I did also get the Rear Restraint System error after installing 2022.8.2. Changed wheel config to 20 (reboot) and then back to 22 (reboot). That error is gone. Hopefully it will stay gone, but it is definitely a software issue. I expect to get a 2022.8.2.x at some point soon.

This is good to know. I have the charge port door and gps wandering issue as well..

Did you do anything special to get the update? or did it just randomly pop up for you?

Got the rear restraint issue too on 2022.8.2. Also now after updating have a whining and more pronounced vibration in the yoke upon initial few miles in a drive- whereas before it was just a more numb vibration without the whine.
Today I am getting an error that says “Rear left safety restraint system fault” in my MXP. Anyone had this issue or know what the problem is ?

Ah yes. I knew it wouldn’t be long until I was here.

My third row back passenger side seat stopped functioning. Motor won’t work. Wires look crushed. Throwing out a right rear safety restraint system fault message that persistently stays in the screen.

Every other time I use my turn signal, it says turn signal light fault, service required to restore functionality. Doesn’t seem like it actually stops working and the error message doesn’t even log itself in active alerts, just shows up and goes away several times a trip.

Mobile service coming to check everything April 6th. Also, Devon service center told me that the yoke worm is what it is and they can’t fix it because anything they replace it with will have the worm as well, so that’s kinda lame. Yay Tesla.

My third row back passenger side seat stopped functioning. Motor won’t work. Wires look crushed. Throwing out a right rear safety restraint system fault message that persistently stays in the screen.

Every other time I use my turn signal, it says turn signal light fault, service required to restore functionality. Doesn’t seem like it actually stops working and the error message doesn’t even log itself in active alerts, just shows up and goes away several times a trip.

Mobile service coming to check everything April 6th. Also, Devon service center told me that the yoke worm is what it is and they can’t fix it because anything they replace it with will have the worm as well, so that’s kinda lame. Yay Tesla.
Yes, “yay”… 😞

This is a software issue. Everyone is getting it once they upgrade to 2022.8.2. If you are on an older version, maybe it is a wiring issue.

Mine is on the rear right. Wires look crushed and the button to flatten the seats intermittently works now. Service scheduled for April 6th.
I’ve got the same issue intermittently. Some times the wheel configuration change works to fix other times it won’t. The one thing I have found that seems to “fix” it is to turn on the seat warmers on all seats and go for a shirt 2-3 minute drive. Once I park after the drive- power seems to have been restored to the 3rd row seats to fold/unfold and the 2nd row of seats can slide forward and backward again. Can you share a picture of your “crushed” wires? I can see my wires but don’t think they are necessarily crushed as it looked similar to my 2019 X