Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went and took some pictures... It looks like the alignment with the driver-side door looks good. The alignments towards the back show the FWD is about 2 to 3mm too low. Perhaps if the SC can move that up a bit the rubbing will stop. It's a complex piece of 3D puzzle; I don't envy their job. The area affected is covered with a piece of blue painters tape temporarily.
That really doesn’t look bad at all. Don’t be to fussy. The doors are very complex.

It might just need a tiny tweak we’re it’s pulling down to tight on one side. I think some owners might do that themselves.

Don’t whine about every little thing. The more SC messes with it, the worse it *can* get.

That chrome piece on FWD that looks tight to drivers door slides. You can slide it away but it will probably slide back.

Reactions: aerodyne and Yoonoo
That really doesn’t look bad at all. Don’t be to fussy. The doors are very complex.

It might just need a tiny tweak we’re it’s pulling down to tight on one side. I think some owners might do that themselves.

Don’t whine about every little thing. The more SC messes with it, the worse it *can* get.

That chrome piece on FWD that looks tight to drivers door slides. You can slide it away but it will probably slide back.
Yeah I'm perfectly okay with the external alignment as-is. I just need them to stop the FWD from rubbing paint off the frame. My 2019 X didn't do that at all.

Reactions: Zygote1975
6 seater plaid here, I have rear right and left restraint error. took it into service, got told its software and wait till update resolves it. 3/30
I did the USB out - change tire size - change tire size back - USB back in reboot and have not seen the rear restraint notification since. The consensus among the techs I have interacted with through the app is that this is software as above. 6 seater plaid. No problem until 2022.8.2. right rear seats don't work and right FWD has sensor issues when notification is active. 2022.8.3 made everything worse until I did the reboot.

Posted on the other thread. But after the latest update I too, got the rear seat message and today got an airbag light on. Pretty sure it’s a software thing
Reading all the posts about weird error messages makes me wonder why I’m not seeing any of them (Plaid 6-seater with a 3/22 manuf. date). I upgraded from factory 2021.43 to 2022.8.3 and it fixed many issues I was having with old factory software. No problems whatsoever now. Only thing I noticed this morning was I couldn’t find my home link button to get out of the garage. Yet after having to manually push the button and back out, homelink appeared for me to close it. Doesn’t appear to be consistency in these software glitches.

Yeah I'm perfectly okay with the external alignment as-is. I just need them to stop the FWD from rubbing paint off the frame. My 2019 X didn't do that at all.
I would agree, paint rubbing is an issue that needs to be corrected. However, I just got my X-plaid back from SC today and they adjusted one FWD and hood. Still not perfect gap spacing but much better visually. I’m convinced no model X gaps are perfect or the same one from one vehicle to the next. It‘s the nature of the Tesla X beast. Must be a lot of manual assembly without robotics where consistency is marginal. In fact SC remarked that factory has no problem leaving it up to them to fine tune and correct quality control issues.