Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, would love some advice on what to do regarding an issue with the windshield on my MXP. Delivered 3/16/22, and within a day I dropped it off at the shop to get ceramic coating, Xpel Prime window tint on front driver and passenger windows, and also the windshield (no tint on windshield but did it for heat rejection).

After getting the car back and driving it for a week I noticed some waviness/ripples in the windshield. It’s minor and very hard to photograph but there’s some visible ripples directly in my line of sight from the drivers seat. At first I maybe thought it was moisture from the xpel tint film, and waited a week or two but it’s still there. I didn’t think it would be a huge deal but it’s driving me nuts every day as I see it when I move my head side to side. It’s also on the sides of the windshield, I’ve attached some photos. Interestingly the driver and passenger front windows are totally clear.

Thought maybe it was a bad tint job. The shop I goto here in houston is outstanding and they have a fantastic rep and they’ve done 3 of my cars. I asked them to redo it and they did, last week.

Unfortunately the ripples are still there, and the shop owner told me they did the tint very carefully and he said he believes it’s the actual windshield and not the Xpel.

I made an appointment with Tesla service in a few weeks. I can live with it but obviously if it’s truly the windshield I’m wondering if I can bring it to Tesla’s attention and maybe they can replace it? Has anyone else had this problem ?View attachment 793703
I've recently noticed the same ripples on my glass on both the driver's and passenger's side in the same area.

Another interesting sound I have heard is a tapping sound coming from the ceiling of the middle row, around the center glass between the FWDs. It seems to occur when its directly sunny outside and comes and goes. I figure its thermal expansion of some kind.

So update on my rear seat restraint fault, service replaced right body control module. I go to pick the car up, and it immediately throws a left seat restraint fault. At least it occurred while the car was still at the service center and they were still open. They are keeping the car to further diagnose it.

Has anyone else with cars throwing these errors had them fixed yet? What parts were replaced?

So update on my rear seat restraint fault, service replaced right body control module. I go to pick the car up, and it immediately throws a left seat restraint fault. At least it occurred while the car was still at the service center and they were still open. They are keeping the car to further diagnose it.

Has anyone else with cars throwing these errors had them fixed yet? What parts were replaced?
I am following... My 2022 Model X Plaid, March 2022 build date.
I have the "safety restraint system fault" on rear left, rear right, and both left and right.
When the fault is displayed the seat does not move.
But then the fault has gone away on the next drive (sometimes).
When both seats has the error, the front wireless charger did not work.
I did the soft reboot (did not fix); I did the change tire size thing (did not fix).
Has not occurred for last 3 days.
I have version 2022.12.1

I have the "safety restraint system fault" on rear left, rear right, and both left and right.
I did the soft reboot (did not fix); I did the change tire size thing (did not fix).
I have version 2022.12.1
I didn’t notice the issue with the charging pad, but confirm that nothing in the rear seats works when the fault appears. Middle seat controls or the rear bench folding buttons. I’ve seen it both right and left, and occasionally just reporting one side. It happens with 50% of my drives. I’ll update you when I get the car back, but I hope you plan on having service look at it so you can report what your SC tells you.

I said previous generation could be fixed with 3rd party arms. I just didn’t want to get into that. So the refresh X is different enough that it needs a different adjustable upper arm? Hard to believe they made changes and didn’t make that adjustable. Or tune things for proper camber on low.

What is the ideal camber? You want some, right?

You know quite a bit on this topic :). How much do you know about the S? I’ve assumed it’s all the same, but everything to a lesser degree. Less vibration issues (but still some) and less tire wear in the inside on low.

I know more about the S because I had one for 7 years and did the research and hassle to lower the car an inch and fix the camber.

The refresh has all new suspension. There are tons of changes. Watch the Munroe Live disassembly.

One of the big changes is this:

Reactions: mswlogo
Hey everyone. New problem for me. Just tried dragstrip mode for the first time last night and cannot get launch mode / cheetah stance to work.

Dragstrip in "peak performance ready". I pressed the brake pedal all the way down to the floor as far as it will go and while holding it I start to press the accelerator and it throws a warning that says "both pedals pressed, motor power reduced". The front doesn't lower at all.

I first tried it when entering dragstrip mode before it said it was ready. All of the reading I've done says you don't need to wait for peak performance ready status. My only goal is to lower the front of the car as far as possible on a hard launch to protect the cv joints rather than waiting for the battery to heat up to maximum performance. I'll probably never use dragstrip mode to fully heat the battery.

So when that didn't work, I thought, maybe it requires waiting for it to fully be ready but it still didn't work after that. The only thing I can think of is it's either a bug with the current software and nobody has reported it or I have some other failure that's preventing it from working that isn't being shown as an alert. Perhaps the brake stroke sensor is not working right or one of the ride height sensors has a pushed pin or something.

Current software is the factory delivered software of 2022.3.102.1 which was first seen in the wild about 3 weeks ago.

Can anyone else get cheetah stance to work?
That happened to me the first day I tried it. I stopped trying after two or three attempts. It has worked fine ever since.

The refreshed Model X can potentially kill you!
  • Do I have the "computer overheating issue" in my refreshed Tesla Model X?​

• What happens when the "computer overheating issue" occurs?​

• How can I cool down the computer?​

• What is causing the "computer overheating issue"?​

• What Tesla is doing to address the "computer overheating issue"?​

• What can I do if I have the "computer overheating issue"?​

Read more here: Computer overheating issue on the refreshed Tesla Model X: frozen camera, brake fault, high voltage system fault, false input from physical controls

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
I know more about the S because I had one for 7 years and did the research and hassle to lower the car an inch and fix the camber.

The refresh has all new suspension. There are tons of changes. Watch the Munroe Live disassembly.

Thanks for the Info again. I have watched some Mountie videos but not all of them yet.

So did X get all new suspension as well?

I have version 2022.12.1
Service center escalated my issue to Fremont engineering. They claim this will be solved with a firmware update with 2022.12.3, whenever it drops.

Reactions: neverdone
Anyway to push new updates? I feel like my refreshed X never gets the latest updates for some time. I’m on advanced updates. On another note, my X was back in service yesterday for a rear suspension failure. Apparently something got bent when they kept putting it up and down on the lift to fix it.