Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

Has anyone with the new/ refreshed Model X noticed shudder/ vibration? Apparently it seems to be a pretty wide spread issue with pre-refresh Model Xs.

Appreciate your feedback. I am waiting for my MXLR: estimated delivery is March.
I have a 2019 long range that had the shudder fixed at the service center. I’m now trading it in soon for a new MX Plaid. Current dates are 2/1-2/5 for Delivery.

Reactions: boney12
I took delivery of a plaid last weekend. Here are the issues I encountered:

1. Falcon door rubs window trim on driver side
  2. There is a scratch inside the instrument display. This is a weird one.
  3. The trunk plastic lining is out of whack
  4. Small dent on the falcon door (I took care of this with a dent removal guy myself) really didn’t want to bring that in to the shop and have it repainted
  5. Small paint chip on corner of a panel

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
Can you post pics? Yours is blue and a few of us would love to get a look at your new X.
Totally here you go man! I been waiting to install the new Rims before doing a real photoshoot :)

66128489668__7DBF196C-3D07-422D-9C27-4AF26F08BF85.jpg

IMG_8172.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: studioloft
I took delivery of a plaid last weekend. Here are the issues I encountered:

1. Falcon door rubs window trim on driver side
  2. There is a scratch inside the instrument display. This is a weird one.
  3. The trunk plastic lining is out of whack
  4. Small dent on the falcon door (I took care of this with a dent removal guy myself) really didn’t want to bring that in to the shop and have it repainted
  5. Small paint chip on corner of a panel
Get 1 fixed asap. I made the mistake on my 2019 of not mentioning it and I tell you I had to use some touch up paint on the area of the rub a lot and had to make sure the timing of opening and closing the doors were good every time.

Get 1 fixed asap. I made the mistake on my 2019 of not mentioning it and I tell you I had to use some touch up paint on the area of the rub a lot and had to make sure the timing of opening and closing the doors were good every time.
I have a service appointment to address everything. It’s in the wrap shop today and will be there for 5 days.

Here are some pics of the issues.
CA10EA25-F22D-4779-9943-A685C21B79BE.jpeg
38FB4EE3-7EED-407A-B1EE-5E04F9ABB2D7.jpeg
d8102fa2-1879-48e5-ba8c-a106ba284120-jpeg.764214

Attachments

• D8102FA2-1879-48E5-BA8C-A106BA284120.jpeg
    D8102FA2-1879-48E5-BA8C-A106BA284120.jpeg
    342.4 KB · Views: 380
  • Informative
Reactions: croman
anyone having issue with the door opening? i got an alert once or twice now that my door is open. not sure how im triggering it.

So far i turned off the walk up door opening and unlock, but. i want to be able to use this functionality in the future without triggering it accidentally.

Also im getting an error using auto pilot "Autopilot is not available at this time" i have turned on all settings

anyone having issue with the door opening? i got an alert once or twice now that my door is open. not sure how im triggering it.
I have this issue. The driver door opens when I walk by at home or in a parking lot, but it doesn't auto-close like my old X did after a set amount of time. It is only slightly ajar (1 inch?). I don't receive door open notifications. The app shows the door is open; but if I click the close door button, nothing happens. I took my car in for service and they see the issue, but they don't see a way to fix it yet. I'm supposed to return for more troubleshooting once they get parts in (middle bucket seat adjustment stopped working after a few days of use).

Reactions: Dyspareunia
What sort of tires are on the long ranges and plaids with 20's?
My Plaid in SLC had Michelin Latitude Sport 3’s. 255/45-20’s front, 275/45-20 rear. The 2 LR’s I have seen had Cross Contact LX Sport all seasons (265’s in the front)

Not sure why the Plaid has 255’s in the front. The winter tire set for the 20’s on the Tesla website has 265’s up front, and the website says “compatible with Model X vehicles produced in 2021+”. I asked at the SC, and they verified this includes the Plaid.

So far i turned off the walk up door opening and unlock, but. i want to be able to use this functionality in the future without triggering it accidentally.

Also im getting an error using auto pilot "Autopilot is not available at this time" i have turned on all settings
Yes. Mine kept opening when I was in my house with the car in the garage. I had a pre refresh that never did this. Tesla
Determined it was the phone opening the door so they told me to turn off that feature. Super annoying but they said this should be fixed in a future update. It’s a sensitivity issue I guess. Please let Tesla know so they have more info on this

I have this issue. The driver door opens when I walk by at home or in a parking lot, but it doesn't auto-close like my old X did after a set amount of time. It is only slightly ajar (1 inch?). I don't receive door open notifications. The app shows the door is open; but if I click the close door button, nothing happens. I took my car in for service and they see the issue, but they don't see a way to fix it yet. I'm supposed to return for more troubleshooting once they get parts in (middle bucket seat adjustment stopped working after a few days of use).
I have this issue as well and I think it has to do with how heavy the new doors are on the refreshed models. My old 2017 legacy X driver/front passenger doors slam cringingly hard due to the door actuators' strength with the older, "lighter" doors. The new model, my 2022, tries to close when the door after auto-open on proximity, but due to the perceivably "heavier?" door, it doesn't seem to have enough strength to auto-close and initiate the soft-close sequence. It stays open a crack and repeated presses to close via app simply trigger a triple honk with the door moving slightly, trying to close, but can't. The only solution so far is to go and manually open and close it with moderate force to engage the soft close. I'm not sure if this is an actual flaw or an inherent design flaw.

I have this issue as well and I think it has to do with how heavy the new doors are on the refreshed models. My old 2017 legacy X driver/front passenger doors slam cringingly hard due to the door actuators' strength with the older, "lighter" doors. The new model, my 2022, tries to close when the door after auto-open on proximity, but due to the perceivably "heavier?" door, it doesn't seem to have enough strength to auto-close and initiate the soft-close sequence. It stays open a crack and repeated presses to close via app simply trigger a triple honk with the door moving slightly, trying to close, but can't. The only solution so far is to go and manually open and close it with moderate force to engage the soft close. I'm not sure if this is an actual flaw or an inherent design flaw.
Are you saying the front doors can't automatically close anymore? That would be a huge bummer as that is one of the advantages of the X. All doors can automatically open and close