Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12/26/21 Update:

Instances ReportedIssueResolution
1"Model X" Badge only on right FWDOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver and passenger climate controls linkedOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Speaker issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Missing floor carpet mats at deliveryResolution performed by Service Center
2Missing trunk panel - small left pocketOutstanding - Due at service center
1Missing 22" wheel insertsOutstanding - Due at service center
1Missing black rubber strip at top of frunk near windshield cornerOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Key fobs unresponsive to carOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Stains on chairs and panels.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Curb rash on rims at deliveryOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Clunk sound from front and rear passenger side suspension on uneven surfaces.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Loose screw on third row seatOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Creaking sounds on uneven surfaces. Outstanding - no resolution identified
3Paint issues - scratches or chipsResolution performed by Service Center
1White plastic strip hanging from FWD hingeOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Dent - FrunkResolution performed by Service Center
1Coat hanger mount crookedResolution performed by Service Center
2Noise from second row seats - squeakingOutstanding - no resolution identified
6Off alignment - FWDResolution performed by Service Center
2Off alignment - FrunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Off alignment - FWD GlassResolution performed by Service Center
2Off alignment - OtherOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Rear screen video display issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Summon only operates in reverse and not forwardOutstanding - SC: "wait for software update"

We picked up our 2022 X today (ordered in Feb 2020) and there were a few minor issues we identified and had addressed before driving out of Tesla Delivery, thanks to this thread.

Those issues were:
-frunk liner loose in a few areas
-small white paint stain the trunk carpet
-3rd row seat wiring exposed to trunk
-slightly scratched headlamp casing

The car is an upgrade over my 2016 S and is a dream...Some of the dings I've seen from some on the "sparseness" of the interior are just way off base.

Reactions: jboy210
12/26/21 Update:

Instances ReportedIssueResolution
1"Model X" Badge only on right FWDOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver and passenger climate controls linkedOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Speaker issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Missing floor carpet mats at deliveryResolution performed by Service Center
2Missing trunk panel - small left pocketOutstanding - Due at service center
1Missing 22" wheel insertsOutstanding - Due at service center
1Missing black rubber strip at top of frunk near windshield cornerOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Key fobs unresponsive to carOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Stains on chairs and panels.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Curb rash on rims at deliveryOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Clunk sound from front and rear passenger side suspension on uneven surfaces.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Loose screw on third row seatOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Creaking sounds on uneven surfaces.Outstanding - no resolution identified
3Paint issues - scratches or chipsResolution performed by Service Center
1White plastic strip hanging from FWD hingeOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Dent - FrunkResolution performed by Service Center
1Coat hanger mount crookedResolution performed by Service Center
2Noise from second row seats - squeakingOutstanding - no resolution identified
6Off alignment - FWDResolution performed by Service Center
2Off alignment - FrunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Off alignment - FWD GlassResolution performed by Service Center
2Off alignment - OtherOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Rear screen video display issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Summon only operates in reverse and not forwardOutstanding - SC: "wait for software update"
How did they fix the dent on the hood? Last time service dented the hood , they had to respray and bondo it, and it looked terrible

My car is so buggy!

Im having issues with one of my falcon doors and I have tried everything to fix it but nothing works.

Summon/smart-summon never goes forwards it only goes reverse.

When I do the Christmas light show every door opens except for the falcon doors😒, isn't that the coolest part of the show.

I did the draggy yesterday for my X and the car was at 80 percent charge and drag strip mode was not fully warmed up yet and I got a 0-60 of 3.7
I will try to do another one when the car is at optimum battery performance.

Delivered 12/03/2021
MXLR Blue/Black/20”/6 Seater/No FSD

1. Missing trunk tray.
2. Stains on chairs and panels.
3. Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.
4. Passenger side FWD doesn’t close. Thinks something is in the way. I can see the red sensor flashing on the display like something is outside the door.
5 looks like clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.
6. Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly. Completely missed the holes.
7. Clunk sound from front and rear passenger side suspension on uneven surfaces.
8. Driver side FWD panel rubbing paint off body of car.
9. Wipers leaving streaks of I wiped rain.
10. Creaking sounds on uneven surfaces. Probably the FWD and the body.
11. Probably more that is not known…

It’s brand new!!! Needless to say, disappointed and would not recommend Tesla to anyone. Seems like they are taking advantage of buyers with touchless pick up.
If only cell phones had cameras to document this in few pics.
Thank you poster with 2 posts since Dec7.

I did the draggy yesterday for my X and the car was at 80 percent charge and drag strip mode was not fully warmed up yet and I got a 0-60 of 3.7
I will try to do another one when the car is at optimum battery performance.

I know it's probably impossible for you to do safely anytime soon, but 60-130 times would be really really cool. I bet it's 10-ish seconds for the Long Range/Base. I wanna see that topend

Hopefully these can all be fixed by a good service center. It is very unfortunate that they think these issues are acceptable on delivery. Your due bill is lengthy and I agree it seems likely that there are latent issues that you'll need to identify which is really unnerving.
I was hoping with the supply chain issues, they can figure out these QC issues. Hopefully, they will figure it out soon...

Reactions: Ferrari ex
IMG_3871.jpg

This Car Is Unreal!

Key fob pairing took probably 15-20 tries each key, but finally worked for me. Would be nice if they took care of it at the factory like every other car!

Two potential items for the list:

Our front doors are much more difficult to get to the soft close catch point than out 2018 MX. Not sure if this will improve with seals breaking in or not, but the doors don't slam themselves as hard as the old ones (which is an improvement to me) and take more effort to shut.

Second, and not sure whether it's just us or they "improved"/cheapened the mechanism, but our second row seats don't tilt/slide nearly as far forward as the 2018 (nor does the front row seat on that side move forward with the second row. 2022 MX on the left, in case not obvious. Much harder to get into the third row gracefully if not using the center aisle.
MX Seats.jpg

Question :

When you go on vacation for about a week , what’s a good way ; to leave car plugged or just let the battery drain ? Is there even a mode I can put the car in ?
Not the best thread for this question. But leave it plugged in if you can. If not I would charge to 90%. One week isn’t all that long but if you have Sentry Mode on there will be notable drain. There is not a specific leave car setting.

Reactions: Kfirusa
Question :

When you go on vacation for about a week , what’s a good way ; to leave car plugged or just let the battery drain ? Is there even a mode I can put the car in ?
Leave it plugged in and lower the charge level to 50%. 50% is the optimum charge level for Li Ion's to sit. Theyy used to have a "Storage" setting on the Roadster that did this. In the modern cars you just drop the charge level down.

Reactions: Kfirusa