Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Second, and not sure whether it's just us or they "improved"/cheapened the mechanism, but our second row seats don't tilt/slide nearly as far forward as the 2018 (nor does the front row seat on that side move forward with the second row. 2022 MX on the left, in case not obvious. Much harder to get into the third row gracefully if not using the center aisle.
Well that stinks. Maybe something they can fix with software (software causes the front seat to move so the second row can slide further)?

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
I thought they said they changed seat positions slightly with Model S and were able to position the front seats a bit further forward (I certainly didn't notice in the plaid I sat in, but, hey, they say it's there). I wonder if the new floorpan just doesn't allow as much movement because of some floorpan stamping or other that they miraculously kept the same between X and S (that 30% commonality we hear so much about)

But if the front seat is also not moving automatically I imagine it's a software thing - if it doesn't see the front seat move it won't move the rear seat as far, that kind of thing

I thought they said they changed seat positions slightly with Model S and were able to position the front seats a bit further forward (I certainly didn't notice in the plaid I sat in, but, hey, they say it's there). I wonder if the new floorpan just doesn't allow as much movement because of some floorpan stamping or other that they miraculously kept the same between X and S (that 30% commonality we hear so much about)

But if the front seat is also not moving automatically I imagine it's a software thing - if it doesn't see the front seat move it won't move the rear seat as far, that kind of thing
Mine seems to move the second row seats a different amount depending on where the seat in front of it is. The front seats don't move; if the front seat is far enough forward, the second row seat moves forward and tilts forward...if the front seat is further back, the second row seat seems to stop short of tilting, or just barely starts to tilt before stopping. This is our first MX, so I didn't realize the front seats should move when the button is pressed--seems like a software difference that could be implemented to ensure the middle row seats always slide and tilt as far forward as possible.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Delivered 12/31/21 XLR 6 seater grey 20” wheels

1. Squeaky driver side chair
2. Front door doesn’t close have to really push or use auto button.
3. Hard ride compared to my 2016

Has anyone figured out how to change the instrument cluster / speedometer to show trip info or audio? Hope it’s not only available on the center screen!!

Thanks.

Key fob pairing took probably 15-20 tries each key, but finally worked for me. Would be nice if they took care of it at the factory like every other car!

Two potential items for the list:

Our front doors are much more difficult to get to the soft close catch point than out 2018 MX. Not sure if this will improve with seals breaking in or not, but the doors don't slam themselves as hard as the old ones (which is an improvement to me) and take more effort to shut.

Second, and not sure whether it's just us or they "improved"/cheapened the mechanism, but our second row seats don't tilt/slide nearly as far forward as the 2018 (nor does the front row seat on that side move forward with the second row. 2022 MX on the left, in case not obvious. Much harder to get into the third row gracefully if not using the center aisle.
View attachment 751080
I took my car in for the door issues. tesla told me the doors are completely different now so it is normal. They want you to use the button on the inside of the door to close the doors. I started doing this and it doesn't bother me anymore.

Love the car overall! A few issues I have had:
1. front doors are designed differently and not meant to close easily with a soft push. Tesla told me they want us to use the door button to close front doors.
2. I have lost connectivity on several occasions, they have a new computer on order for the car.
3. i had to turn off the auto door feature because my front car door keeps opening while sitting in the garage. tesla determined my phone is opening it from inside the house and assured me this over sensitivity issue would be fixed in a future update. I had a prior X and this never happened. Anyone else having this issue??

1. front doors are designed differently and not meant to close easily with a soft push. Tesla told me they want us to use the door button to close front doors.
2. I have lost connectivity on several occasions, they have a new computer on order for the car.
3. i had to turn off the auto door feature because my front car door keeps opening while sitting in the garage. tesla determined my phone is opening it from inside the house and assured me this over sensitivity issue would be fixed in a future update. I had a prior X and this never happened. Anyone else having this issue??
Same issue here with the auto door. I might try turning off the phone connectivity at some point and just using the fob, but the phone is convenient enough without the auto feature that I don’t foresee that “solution” working long-term.

I have also had some connectivity issues, but I think that is more related to our area than the computer/antennae. We have similar dropouts with our model Y.

Is anyone else having issues with the rear drink holder extending outward? Ours seems to be catching on something, but comes out with a bit of effort.

Mine seems to move the second row seats a different amount depending on where the seat in front of it is. The front seats don't move; if the front seat is far enough forward, the second row seat moves forward and tilts forward...if the front seat is further back, the second row seat seems to stop short of tilting, or just barely starts to tilt before stopping. This is our first MX, so I didn't realize the front seats should move when the button is pressed--seems like a software difference that could be implemented to ensure the middle row seats always slide and tilt as far forward as possible.
Do you have a Third Row Easy Entry setting under Safety? Otherwise have to hold the button for the duration of the move. Front seat won’t move unless tilted middle seat will strike it.

Noticed the same thing: thought it was due to the car seats I had installed. For sure seems like some overly complicated software logic going wrong. I assume they will fix eventually with a software update, but raised with service center in upcoming visit.

@lkoss Could you describe the connectivity issues? I feel like I have that as well. For example, when I try to do voice commands, sometimes I get "communication error" or something like that. I just chalked it up to being in a dead zone, but it feels a little too frequent for that. Did Tesla acknolwedge that this is a known issue and that's why they're putting in a new computer? Seems like a pretty extreme solution.

@lkoss Could you describe the connectivity issues? I feel like I have that as well. For example, when I try to do voice commands, sometimes I get "communication error" or something like that. I just chalked it up to being in a dead zone, but it feels a little too frequent for that. Did Tesla acknolwedge that this is a known issue and that's why they're putting in a new computer? Seems like a pretty extreme solution.
My car says “no connectivity”. It wont connect to LTE. It can connect to my house Wi-Fi but when I leave the house it often times won’t make the switch so the entire drive is without nav or music. It’s frustrating. I sent Tesla the times and dates it happened and they said something is wrong with the modem so I am waiting on a new computer for the brand new car! Today it was out most of the day. I’m in Chicago so the signal is not an issue, my husbands model Y never has this issue.

Going to jump in here if that’s okay… I got a call today telling me if i didnt reply in 24 hours my car would be forfeited to inventory. Seems a bit disingenuous considering ive been waiting for 14 months. I gave them a year rain check and they give me a day? C’mon now. Anyway, the more important question is… the $2,000 early bird discount i was offered because I ordered pre-price-increase doesnt appear on the order agreement as promised by my sales advisor, is the $69,990 base price figure adjusted for that? Not to mention the extra $1700 i just paid for January lease after my 3rd 6-month extension. Oh and the 2022 registration fee that i paid for a car that i am now returning. What a mess.

Reactions: JAG
Going to jump in here if that’s okay… I got a call today telling me if i didnt reply in 24 hours my car would be forfeited to inventory. Seems a bit disingenuous considering ive been waiting for 14 months. I gave them a year rain check and they give me a day? C’mon now. Anyway, the more important question is… the $2,000 early bird discount i was offered because I ordered pre-price-increase doesnt appear on the order agreement as promised by my sales advisor, is the $69,990 base price figure adjusted for that? Not to mention the extra $1700 i just paid for January lease after my 3rd 6-month extension. Oh and the 2022 registration fee that i paid for a car that i am now returning. What a mess.
My $2k credit appeared 48hrs before delivery.

So I finally got my service appointment completed and my car picked up and..... my bent license plate was replaced with a generic "ALL WHEEL DRIVE" Plate with plastic chrome, my scratches are still visible, my headlights are not matching in their alignment, and my left repeater camera housing is loose. This is so aggravating. I left the car with them and came back with NEW issues on top of the old not being addressed properly. Amazing.

So I finally got my service appointment completed and my car picked up and..... my bent license plate was replaced with a generic "ALL WHEEL DRIVE" Plate with plastic chrome, my scratches are still visible, my headlights are not matching in their alignment, and my left repeater camera housing is loose. This is so aggravating. I left the car with them and came back with NEW issues on top of the old not being addressed properly. Amazing.
Back when I had my 2017 MX I had the same issues with my SC. As soon as one problem was resolved the SC would produce one or two more. It was maddening! A large part of it was just a poorly staffed SC, but I averaged 1 visit every 2 months while I owned the car :(

Also hey Palatine, I grew up in BG at the end of 53. :)

• Love
Reactions: croman and Mako11
Which SC was this?