Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just left my MSM 2022 X LR in service. The door plastic trim on the FSD is loose, causing noise when driving. I had a Tesla driving with me to confirm the noise. It's an easy fix, I almost attempted to do to do it myself, just add some double side tape to glue it back but looks like Tesla may have to replace the whole piece.

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
Hi All,
I've had MX LR/22/FSD for 2 weeks now. I've had an issue upon entering the vehicle and applying the brake pedal that the screens go black, the emergency PRND lights illuminate and the operating system reboots. Normally it takes 5-10 seconds. This morning it took a whole minute and I actually used the emergency PRND and started driving the vehicle to work before the screens came back online. In total I'd say this has happened 8-9 times in the past two weeks since taking delivery. I updated to 2021.44.30.1 last night so obviously that didn't resolve the issue.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

I just left my MSM 2022 X LR in service. The door plastic trim on the FSD is loose, causing noise when driving. I had a Tesla driving with me to confirm the noise. It's an easy fix, I almost attempted to do to do it myself, just add some double side tape to glue it back but looks like Tesla may have to replace the whole piece.
Hmmm. I thought FSD was all software. Didn't know there was a place for any plastic trim. :D

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
Hi All,
I've had MX LR/22/FSD for 2 weeks now. I've had an issue upon entering the vehicle and applying the brake pedal that the screens go black, the emergency PRND lights illuminate and the operating system reboots. Normally it takes 5-10 seconds. This morning it took a whole minute and I actually used the emergency PRND and started driving the vehicle to work before the screens came back online. In total I'd say this has happened 8-9 times in the past two weeks since taking delivery. I updated to 2021.44.30.1 last night so obviously that didn't resolve the issue.

Anyone else experienced this issue?
This happened to me once. I've owned the vehicle for about a month now.

Thank you for this but it seems to close only half way, its not like a slight misalignment, its only closing half way until I push it in
It is timed, you should not have to close it manually. Mine closes by itself a few seconds after removing the cord. Certainly placing the car in drive or reverse, also forces it to close.

A minor issue but the Atari Games seem to be missing from the refreshed X or were they removed in v11? From another thread, it was said the reason was because of missing controller support. Also, I'm unable to play Cuphead because I can't get the controller to do the big jump. Anyone else able play Cuphead in the refresh?

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
Delivered 12/03/2021
MXLR Blue/Black/20”/6 Seater/No FSD

1. Missing trunk tray.
2. Stains on chairs and panels.
3. Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.
4. Passenger side FWD doesn’t close. Thinks something is in the way. I can see the red sensor flashing on the display like something is outside the door.
5 looks like clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.
6. Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly. Completely missed the holes.
7. Clunk sound from front and rear passenger side suspension on uneven surfaces.
8. Driver side FWD panel rubbing paint off body of car.
9. Wipers leaving streaks of I wiped rain.
10. Creaking sounds on uneven surfaces. Probably the FWD and the body.
11. Probably more that is not known…

It’s brand new!!! Needless to say, disappointed and would not recommend Tesla to anyone. Seems like they are taking advantage of buyers with touchless pick up.
I don’t think cars delivered in early December were brand new. They delivered only 5 demo prototypes in the beginning. They offered me one of them. I’m glad I refused!

I have recently noticed an issue where the buttons/lights on my steering yoke flash brightly for just a moment before going back to their normal brightness level. It happens too quickly for me to be sure, but I think only one side of the wheel/yoke does it at a time. That said, I have noticed it on both sides of the wheel at different times...it isn't limited to one side or the other. Seems like maybe a voltage regulation issue?

Has anyone else noticed this??? It seems like efforts to resolve this via a service ticket would be futile, resulting in the often-heard auto-industry refrain: "We cannot reproduce the issue," and it isn't a big QoL issue, so I haven't tried to resolve it through Tesla at this point.

A minor issue but the Atari Games seem to be missing from the refreshed X or were they removed in v11? From another thread, it was said the reason was because of missing controller support. Also, I'm unable to play Cuphead because I can't get the controller to do the big jump. Anyone else able play Cuphead in the refresh?
V11 for Model 3 SR+ 2021 still has the atari games

I have recently noticed an issue where the buttons/lights on my steering yoke flash brightly for just a moment before going back to their normal brightness level. It happens too quickly for me to be sure, but I think only one side of the wheel/yoke does it at a time. That said, I have noticed it on both sides of the wheel at different times...it isn't limited to one side or the other. Seems like maybe a voltage regulation issue?

Has anyone else noticed this??? It seems like efforts to resolve this via a service ticket would be futile, resulting in the often-heard auto-industry refrain: "We cannot reproduce the issue," and it isn't a big QoL issue, so I haven't tried to resolve it through Tesla at this point.
I noticed this too

Hello All,
I took delivery of MX on 12/30/21 and have driven over 1K miles without the wheel inserts on the 22". I added the wheel inserts this weekend and will drive another 1K miles to see what differences I get in Wh/Mi. For those interested in comparison of appearance I attached some images of before and after. I also attached a screenshot of my Wh/Mi. I'll post again after another 1k miles to see how much more efficient the wheel inserts make the MX.

Attachments

• IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg