Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New plaid X delivery and car was pretty dang close to perfect! Here is my current list:
1. Fix trunk alignment
2. Bumper seems to stick out a tad on the left side
3. Some type of glue substance inside of windshield.

Attachments

• 29D0D776-5C82-46D5-A127-759C3A6CEFF4.jpeg
    29D0D776-5C82-46D5-A127-759C3A6CEFF4.jpeg
    422.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 70D2752D-C2F8-4005-A52F-C351CC0228F2.jpeg
    70D2752D-C2F8-4005-A52F-C351CC0228F2.jpeg
    723.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 75918101-63A8-42ED-A7D3-A2B48EBABB7A.jpeg
    75918101-63A8-42ED-A7D3-A2B48EBABB7A.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Informative
Reactions: croman
They should build and deliver the CUSTOMER cars in the order that they were ordered by, not the order price of the car. STOCKHOLDERS would prefer only new price orders to be filled as they have higher margin.

Eventually, once Giga Texas and Berlin catch up on the backlog Customer Satisfaction will begin to have an impact. Regular customers switching to an EV will not be as forgiving as Fanboys have become. The idea of taking delivery then having to have all the issues from delivery (paint, gaps, interior issue) be addressed in a few weeks during a service call has been normalized by by fanboys. Regular customers will not tolerate a poor customer experience. This seems to be a known fact at most companies besides Tesla.

I have been waiting for my 2020 order Model X Long Range with white exterior, black interior, 20” wheels and NO FSD. I ordered before the refresh announcement yet since they began production in the fall of 2021 and are delivering cars, no one at Tesla can tell me when my order will be filled.
Had I not already purchased Tesla Solar and Powrwalls plus had a wall connector installed, I would have canceled my Model X order months ago and ordered a Rivian RS1.
We bought our first Tesla Model X in Sept of 2020. Loved it! We were rear-ended by a huge city truck on May 29, 2021 .... totalled the car :eek:(. The next day, we became aware of a 2018 100D that Tesla had in their inventory, so we bought that while we ordered a new one (on July 9, 2021). At that time, we were told delivery would be January.

It's been great to be able to drive an X while we're waiting for our new car to arrive...no complaints there. But several things have transpired that have pissed me off enough that I've started to look around at alternatives (albeit, not enthusiastically!):
  1. We were told in July that delivery would be January. It slipped to February, then March, now April!!
  2. When we ordered the car, we were told we could change the color if we didn't wait until the car was being built, and that we'd have to pay the upgrade price from white to blue ($2000), which we were considering, but weren't sure at the time of order. We weren't told that we'd have to pay the current price of the car!
  3. OK. No big deal. Our 1st X was white and we loved it. But I discovered that a mistake was made during ordering (probably mine), where we ordered black & white interior instead of the cream interior, which we had intended to order. Surprise!! In order to correct that, we'd have to pay $10k more for the car because the price went up! I tried and tried to work with them, but no joy.
Come on, Tesla --- this is the 3rd Model X I am buying from you in less than a year! You can't work with me on this?

I'm think that a small upside is that I'll probably be able to sell my 2018 for more than I paid in July 2021....

We bought our first Tesla Model X in Sept of 2020. Loved it! We were rear-ended by a huge city truck on May 29, 2021 .... totalled the car :eek:(. The next day, we became aware of a 2018 100D that Tesla had in their inventory, so we bought that while we ordered a new one (on July 9, 2021). At that time, we were told delivery would be January.

It's been great to be able to drive an X while we're waiting for our new car to arrive...no complaints there. But several things have transpired that have pissed me off enough that I've started to look around at alternatives (albeit, not enthusiastically!):
  1. We were told in July that delivery would be January. It slipped to February, then March, now April!!
  2. When we ordered the car, we were told we could change the color if we didn't wait until the car was being built, and that we'd have to pay the upgrade price from white to blue ($2000), which we were considering, but weren't sure at the time of order. We weren't told that we'd have to pay the current price of the car!
  3. OK. No big deal. Our 1st X was white and we loved it. But I discovered that a mistake was made during ordering (probably mine), where we ordered black & white interior instead of the cream interior, which we had intended to order. Surprise!! In order to correct that, we'd have to pay $10k more for the car because the price went up! I tried and tried to work with them, but no joy.
Come on, Tesla --- this is the 3rd Model X I am buying from you in less than a year! You can't work with me on this?

I'm think that a small upside is that I'll probably be able to sell my 2018 for more than I paid in July 2021....
Just changed delivery again...6th time went from days to April

Are you on Twitter? If so post an abridged version there and send us the link here so we can retweet, share and comment.
While venting on this forum has been a great benefit to me and my marriage issues like this need a more public forum.

I will commit to elevating theses kinds of tweets. We need to be more vocal outside of TMC and support each other out there. IMHO

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I have 2017 MX. Ordered new in April 2021. Promised Nov 2021. Each month delay in app. Two weeks ago was promised April 2022. Update this morning to July 2022. This obnoxious and dishonest. Clearly they want to sell higher price Plaid version. Putting aside money, Plaid has lower range, which I don’t want. Key reason for upgrade was longer range.

Going to look around for alternatives. Bad customer service creates long memories not good ones.

Reactions: Jwalker9
Got mine 3 weeks ago. It as been in sevice for 2 of those. My issue i think is the wheel speed sensor they cant figure out. Worst part about it is you cant get anyone on the F***ing phone. Literally yhe day i recieved it, i lost abs, power steering, regen braking, traction control, all while i have my wife and 15month old in the car during a snow storm here in Colorado.

Frunk is still manual. There are aftermarket automatic frunk mods that you can buy though! I was very tempted myself.
My frunk doesn't close on the first close attempt. I've tried it about 10 times and it latches on the first attempt but requires an additional push to fully close. Is this normal? I also noticed a little bit of a gap between the headlights and the closed frunk so maybe it needs some adjusting.

New plaid X delivery and car was pretty dang close to perfect! Here is my current list:
1. Fix trunk alignment
2. Bumper seems to stick out a tad on the left side
3. Some type of glue substance inside of windshield.
My left side looks similar to yours where the rear small window looks like it pokes out. Let us know if you get that fixed. I flagged mine so hopefully it gets fixed.

My frunk doesn't close on the first close attempt. I've tried it about 10 times and it latches on the first attempt but requires an additional push to fully close. Is this normal? I also noticed a little bit of a gap between the headlights and the closed frunk so maybe it needs some adjusting.
It seems like it is more difficult to close than my Y. The aluminum hood on the X seems to be lighter and feels a little flimsy. The owners manual has very specific hand placement locations for closing the frunk. It is difficult enough to close that honestly I am concerned that I am going to dent or crease the hood closing it.