Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like it is more difficult to close than my Y. The aluminum hood on the X seems to be lighter and feels a little flimsy. The owners manual has very specific hand placement locations for closing the frunk. It is difficult enough to close that honestly I am concerned that I am going to dent or crease the hood closing it.
Thanks! I need to read the manual since this car is unique....never had to read a manual for the 15 or so cars I've had to close a hood or trunk.

OK looks like there's nothing wrong with the hood. with trial and error my closing method matched the positioning in the manual. The only change I need to make is to lower the hood to latch instead of trying to slam and close completely.

Thanks! I need to read the manual since this car is unique....never had to read a manual for the 15 or so cars I've had to close a hood or trunk.

OK looks like there's nothing wrong with the hood. with trial and error my closing method matched the positioning in the manual. The only change I need to make is to lower the hood to latch instead of trying to slam and close completely.
Yep, it's definitely a 2-step process. Has always been this way on the S/X. Lower the hood onto the latch, put both palms on the hood, push down.

Reactions: croman and donivan

Yes, slamming it closed can cause the sides to cave in (dent). Definitely not a good thing!

Reactions: donivan
When I went to pick up my car, it had the misaligned door issue on driver's side also. The driver's door is higher than the trim in front of the mirror just like your photo. My Driver's FWD also was low near the rear hatch, so it was misaligned near the wheel arch and roof. Does anyone know how long it takes to realign these things?

The center console cover did not operate smoothly. It kind of "sputtered" as it tried to close. There's also a wear mark in the center of the cubby, like a track is rubbing against the center. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of this. I asked the SC to fix this before I take delivery. Does anyone else's refresh have a wear mark in the center of the sliding door? It seems strange to have this on a brand new car.
Would love to know how long these doors take to realign as well. I just dropped mine off this morning and they said they are hoping to have it back by Monday. They are:

1. Adjusting Driver-side FWD
2. Adjusting Passenger-side FWD
3. Replacing Driver side taillight
4. Fixing misaligned middle-row passenger seat seatbelt alignment (seat cover partially blocks seat belt latch)
5. Fixing tailgate trim
6. Fixing dashboard squeaks
7. Fixing dashboard dust behind clear cover

Feels like alot to address by Monday to me but will see.

Would love to know how long these doors take to realign as well. I just dropped mine off this morning and they said they are hoping to have it back by Monday. They are:

4. Fixing misaligned middle-row passenger seat seatbelt alignment (seat cover partially blocks seat belt latch)
5. Fixing tailgate trim

DAAMMMNNN 🤯

5. Fixing tailgate trim

Got my Plaid back from the SC today. They had it for three days to replace the driver side tail light and fix a dashboard squeak. They said it was coming from where the speaker grill meets the windshield, and that they “applied insulation and a noise dampening solution.” Still squeaks, albeit less than before. I hope my three days for two problems doesn’t equate to 10 days for your list….

Reactions: Arktctr
Got my Plaid back from the SC today. They had it for three days to replace the driver side tail light and fix a dashboard squeak. They said it was coming from where the speaker grill meets the windshield, and that they “applied insulation and a noise dampening solution.” Still squeaks, albeit less than before. I hope my three days for two problems doesn’t equate to 10 days for your list….
I heard some dashboard squeak today, my wife said she previously heard it. It’s hard to ignore after hearing it.

When closing passenger door the window slams against the body 🤦🏼‍♂️

Attachments

• 4BE6FEAF-461B-4442-9323-2967F3E04299.jpeg
    4BE6FEAF-461B-4442-9323-2967F3E04299.jpeg
    381.6 KB · Views: 158

5. Fixing tailgate trim

A few days ago, they told me they need another week, so I'm thinking end of next week. If it's accurate, that'll be about two weeks. I do have several other things I didn't mention previously (unpainted edge near tailight, dirty interior door, polish on plastic trim, one side of bumper is significantly above flush with fender). I think the painting will take some time since it's got to go to the paint shop :(. I'll update if I get any other updates.

My LR X ordered 6/21 was scheduled for January, then March, and just yesterday, July!!!!! Meanwhile, by 2018 X75D lease ran out Oct 1, 2021, was extended 6 months, will now run our 3/31/22 and Tesla says don't worry about it, we will just keep extending the lease. Not sure I believe them. Could it be that I "paid" only 89K when I ordered it?
Very frustrating and meanwhile, the half shaft is starting to act up again and the brakes are noisy.

5. Fixing tailgate trim

What happened to tail light?

A reminder to update the Issue Tracking spreadsheet :) I have been adding what I have found on here from the past few pages.

Instances ReportedIssueResolution
1"Model X" badge missing on left FWDOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver and passenger climate controls linkedOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Speaker issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Missing floor carpet mats at deliveryResolution - Performed by Service Center
2Missing trunk panel - small left pocketOutstanding - Due at service center
3Missing 22" wheel insertsOutstanding - Due at service center
1Missing black rubber strip at top of frunk near windshield cornerOutstanding - no resolution identified
5Key fobs unresponsive to carResolution - Initial pairing performed by user per manual
11Cosmetic or functional issues with seats (see details column)Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.Outstanding - no resolution identified
4Curb rash on rims at deliveryOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly.Outstanding - no resolution identified
3Paint issues - mismatched color on exterior piecesOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Weatherstripping issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Creaking sounds while driving on uneven surfaces. Outstanding - no resolution identified
9Paint issues - scratches or chipsResolution - Performed by Service Center
1White plastic strip hanging from FWD hingeOutstanding - no resolution identified
5DentResolution - Performed by Service Center
1Coat hanger mount crookedResolution - Performed by Service Center
3Noise from seats - squeakingOutstanding - no resolution identified
24Off alignment - FWDResolution - Performed by Service Center
3Off alignment - FrunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
4Off alignment - FWD GlassResolution - Performed by Service Center
13Off alignment - OtherOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Rear screen video display issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Summon only operates in reverse and not forwardOutstanding - SC: "wait for software update"
1Dust visible behind instrument panelOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Crack in tail lightOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Whining sound while driving or acceloratingOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Chip or crack in glassOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Missing Key FobsOutstanding - no resolution identified
7Driver door latching issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Missing pieces of interior trimOutstanding - no resolution identified
1MCU lost connectivityOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Distortion in windshield glassResolution - Replaced windshield glass
1Headlights level is misalignedOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Camera - Left Repeater housing is looseOutstanding - no resolution identified
2MCU Reboots UnexpedlyOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Mismatched interior trim colorsOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Windshield off alignmentOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Center console missing USB portsOutstanding - no resolution identified