Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone run into an issue with their keyfob battery dying? Since I'm the only driver, I keep one fob in a drawer in my house and use the other. A week after getting the car the door would no longer open or respond to the fob. I replaced the battery and everything worked fine again. I just figured it was a dud battery from the factory. A week later the same thing happened again. I do have the silicon fob pockets on the fob (which are the same ones I used on my 2016 Model X without an issue). When the battery died again a week later I replaced the battery again and removed the fob pocket. I've switched to using the second key fob (with the original battery from the factory) and we'll see how long it will last (and I do have the fob pocket on it).

Has anyone else had battery issues with the new key fobs? Maybe I just have a dud fob. I know I can use the phone key instead, but I like using the fob as it is more reliable and much easier to hand to valets.

Has anyone run into an issue with their keyfob battery dying? Since I'm the only driver, I keep one fob in a drawer in my house and use the other. A week after getting the car the door would no longer open or respond to the fob. I replaced the battery and everything worked fine again. I just figured it was a dud battery from the factory. A week later the same thing happened again. I do have the silicon fob pockets on the fob (which are the same ones I used on my 2016 Model X without an issue). When the battery died again a week later I replaced the battery again and removed the fob pocket. I've switched to using the second key fob (with the original battery from the factory) and we'll see how long it will last (and I do have the fob pocket on it).

Has anyone else had battery issues with the new key fobs? Maybe I just have a dud fob. I know I can use the phone key instead, but I like using the fob as it is more reliable and much easier to hand to valets.
My fob problem was that one of the fobs was delivered with a dud battery. Replaced the battery yesterday and I’ll see how long it lasts.

only one of my fobs work. The other one is dead dead

Update on what I’ve experienced so far on my Jan 2022 delivered LR X:

- Both FWD need adjusting. Passenger side won’t close without manual hold on screen 50% of the time. Driver side alignment off and rubbing paint in door jamb.
- Passenger Side Dash squeak (occasional)
- Driver Side Dash squeak over rough pavement (hugely annoying on my drive up I-5 from LA to SF today which is the first time I noticed it)
- Driver Side Taillight lense has started to separate from rest of assembly (the one in the fender, not the hatch)
- Dust visible behind instrument panel “glass”
- Trunk catches something (trim?) when opening and makes a snapping noise when opening
- Passenger side middle-row captains chair seatbelt not aligned with opening in seat (hard to connect seatbelt into seatbelt opening in chair)

Also from delivery:
- Missing 22” wheel inserts

Hoping service can button up the list next week when it goes in.
My MSLR has dust behind instrument panel cover and the SC doesn't do anything about it... Would be curious to hear if they could fix/replace it for you.

Edited: just saw your post saying that they'll replace the entire instrument cluster. That's great!

Got mine 3 weeks ago. It as been in sevice for 2 of those. My issue i think is the wheel speed sensor they cant figure out. Worst part about it is you cant get anyone on the F***ing phone. Literally yhe day i recieved it, i lost abs, power steering, regen braking, traction control, all while i have my wife and 15month old in the car during a snow storm here in Colorado.
Update. Got my tesla back from service yesterday. And today same issue. Abs, power steering, traction control, regen braking all gone. To those who disagree with my post you what do you need to see? Pictures. Go screw yourselves this Sh** is not ok. More snow today if you want to check the weather, not fun to drive a car without all those safety features in snow. With your family in the car coming home from dinner. That was tonight. So this will be the third time my Model X refresh will be going into service for the same issue. Kind of shitty to pay for a new car just to drive loaners.

Update. Got my tesla back from service yesterday. And today same issue. Abs, power steering, traction control, regen braking all gone. To those who disagree with my post you what do you need to see? Pictures. Go screw yourselves this Sh** is not ok. More snow today if you want to check the weather, not fun to drive a car without all those safety features in snow. With your family in the car coming home from dinner. That was tonight. So this will be the third time my Model X refresh will be going into service for the same issue. Kind of shitty to pay for a new car just to drive loaners.
Many times people will give a "thumbs down" on a post when they disagree with Tesla, not that they disagree with you...