Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve posted this question In other threads and I haven’t received much feedback so I thought I’d try here. When I press the accelerator hard, especially on the highway (ie over 50 mps), I get a high pitch sound like a dental drill … clearly electricity going into the front permanent magnet motor. As soon as I let off it stops. Is this normal? Refresh MXLR. Ty

Does it sound like this? If so I can confirm as an MX owner this noise is 100% normal. This is the noise the electric motors make. Any other noise is cause for concern :)

Does it sound like this? If so I can confirm as an MX owner this noise is 100% normal. This is the noise the electric motors make. Any other noise is cause for concern :)

I don’t have Plaid but when I punch it in Sport or Insane mode I hear this sound. I assume it’s noise the Electric motor makes at maximum output. It sounds cool to me unless there’s something wrong and it shouldn’t make that sound.

I’ve had my refreshed model X LR getting QE issues resolved since Feb 1. It was only suppose to take 3-4 days max. The service department admitted they dented the drivers side door and needed to send it to a body shop. They apologized and said 1 week. About 8 time shifts (and 4 weeks later), I’m finally picking my car back up tomorrow. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Tesla has had possession of my new X longer tHan me.

They should provide free supercharging or something - right???

What are your thoughts?
I know when I’ve asked no free supercharging was given but they did give me a $250 service credit for future use. Did you speak to the service manager?

I took delivery of a Model X LR on 12/27/2021. At delivery I noticed 2 dents on the driver door, small chip on the front small passenger window and a scrap on the trim just behind the driver side FWD. I have been to the service center twice and these issues have not been fixed yet. I am supposed to go back on Thursday for the repairs. Last week, I noticed my heat/air wasn't working well. On the climate control screen there was the following message. Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault. I contacted the SC and they sent out a technician 2 days later and said they are going to have to order a part. No idea when it will come in. Tonight, will driving home, I got a message on the screen that says Steering assist reduced. Steering may require increased effort. When I got home, I re-booted the car, and the message was still there when the car re-booted. I have never had so many problems with a new car.

Has anyone taken delivery of a Model X in the past 3 weeks that is a 2021 model year? My Refreshed Model X LR FINALLY came yesterday - it's a 2021. The dealer told me many of the models being delivered currently are, in fact, 2021s. Is that true?!

Has anyone taken delivery of a Model X in the past 3 weeks that is a 2021 model year? My Refreshed Model X LR FINALLY came yesterday - it's a 2021. The dealer told me many of the models being delivered currently are, in fact, 2021s. Is that true?!
From the drone factory flyovers from Nov/Dec 2021, there appeared to be many MXs in the different factory lots. I picked up my MX about a month ago, it had a 2022 VIN. I had assumed that I would have received one of the MXs that was in the storage lot, but my VIN had a January '22 production date. Thus, it would appear that the MX shown in the '21 drone flyovers were not being delivered to customers - with the assumption that they were waiting for some specific parts to complete the assembly and that as these parts arrived, they were applied to the MXs that were currently on the production line.

So, the missing parts must have arrived in sufficient quantity that they are now being installed in the vehicles that have been in storage since late '21 - thus the reason for you getting assigned a 2021 VIN.

If there is I haven’t seen their posts. Have you accepted delivery already?
Yes, because one of the salespeople told me all the LRs are still 2021s and the main salesguy told me that if I wanted a 2022 I'd have to wait until 2023 for it. I emailed him the next morning first thing, like not even 15 hours later, and he literally said, "sorry you signed on the dotted line." I'd like to know if this is happening to others.

• Informative
Reactions: JAG and croman
Yes, because one of the salespeople told me all the LRs are still 2021s and the main salesguy told me that if I wanted a 2022 I'd have to wait until 2023 for it. I emailed him the next morning first thing, like not even 15 hours later, and he literally said, "sorry you signed on the dotted line." I'd like to know if this is happening to others.
Woah.. not trying to fan the flames but that seems shady as f…

Reactions: croman
Yes, because one of the salespeople told me all the LRs are still 2021s and the main salesguy told me that if I wanted a 2022 I'd have to wait until 2023 for it. I emailed him the next morning first thing, like not even 15 hours later, and he literally said, "sorry you signed on the dotted line." I'd like to know

Woah.. not trying to fan the flames but that seems shady as f…
Yup - tell me about it. I'm not taking this lying down.