Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s intermittent. It will correct itself randomly. Or, it start off correct when I’m leaving my house.
I would expect it to be an antenna issue - since it's working some of the time. The MX GPS antenna, from what I can tell, is located under the upper drivers-side glass of the rear trunk. Do you know what type of tint that was applied to your windows? Some tints can block cellphone and GPS signals - but I would not think that tint would have been applied to the glass on the upper section of the trunk as it is hidden behind the trunk trim.

I would guess that during the tint installation that the inside trim pieces, that surround the trunk glass, were removed, and that the GPS antenna, which looks like a small square puck, may have been dislodged such that it no longer is positioned correctly?

I expect that the Tesla navigation system can still determine the vehicles position if the GPS signal is lost (similar to when driving through a tunnel or in an underground garage), but the position will "drift" (become less accurate) the longer the system is without a GPS signal, and probably even quicker if the vehicle is changing directions (turning). This is probably what you are noticing with your system - it starts with an accurate GPS position, but as you drive, it displayed position gets further away (drift) for the actual position.

Great to see that you finally received your MX!

Why is closing the frunk so hard?!? Why isn’t it auto like everything else ..,,,, I feel like I’m damaging the hood when I want to close it
Same with my MX. If not a fully automatic open/close feature, it would be great if there was a "soft-close" feature where you can just lightly push down the lid and the frunk is pulled closed automatically.

Anyway, one of the reasons that I installed PPF on the entire hood is to prevent or minimize hood scratches that could be caused when forcing the frunk-lid shut.

Reactions: Tesless
Hello All,
I took delivery of MX on 12/30/21 and have driven over 1K miles without the wheel inserts on the 22". I added the wheel inserts this weekend and will drive another 1K miles to see what differences I get in Wh/Mi. For those interested in comparison of appearance I attached some images of before and after. I also attached a screenshot of my Wh/Mi. I'll post again after another 1k miles to see how much more efficient the wheel inserts make the MX.
Any update on this? I'm very curious.

I have an ongoing issue with my GPS drifting that has effectively rendered my navigation, autopilot, etc., completely useless. I've googled the issue and seems other Tesla owners have had similar issues over the years, but no real solution in sight. I've attempted to reset the car by holding the two buttons on my steering wheel down, and 'powered off' the car using the service menu. Nada.

Pictures of the issue below, but any idea what is going on and more important, how to fix?

View attachment 780569 View attachment 780570
View attachment 780571 View attachment 780572

This issue is driving me nuts. I just got the car Feb 14th. The issue seems to have started after I had tint installed at OCDetailing, not sure if that's just a coincidence or if a signal is getting blocked, or something was damaged in installation?
i had that recently after coming out of a deep parking structure.

Totally here you go man! I been waiting to install the new Rims before doing a real photoshoot :)

View attachment 763835

View attachment 763834
I love those rims!

Do you have any pics with them on the car? Where did you purchase them? I found a few online distributors, but none of them let me pick the 2022 Model X as an option. What sizes did you get? I have 22" on my Plaid now, but want to get these in 20". The owners manual says that the car ships with 20x9 in front and 20x10 in the back, but I can't seem to find that combination.

Reactions: Mako11
I love those rims!

Do you have any pics with them on the car? Where did you purchase them? I found a few online distributors, but none of them let me pick the 2022 Model X as an option. What sizes did you get? I have 22" on my Plaid now, but want to get these in 20". The owners manual says that the car ships with 20x9 in front and 20x10 in the back, but I can't seem to find that combination.
They still havent come in yet :( I found an Avant Garde rep on this forum actually posting about these wheels; They are called the Avant Garde M520R. For wheel specs, the new Model X Refresh is 95% same as previous Model X, that is bolt pattern an center bore size. The offset is the only thing slightly different from what I see, and the difference is in the millimeters. I am doing a custom order and doing my own offset that differs from Tesla OEM. I wanted the wheels to be as flush as possible with the fenders for that aggressive look. The model X can take up to 9.5 in the front and 11 in the rear without much fuss- that is, playing around with wheel spacers or offsets. Work with an Avant Garde reseller and they will ensure the fitment and color you are looking for is perfect.

Attached is an image of another Model X with these wheels in Dark Metallic Grey. I used this website to help me pick wheels Tesla Model X White Avant Garde M520-R

Enjoy!

Attachments

• tesla-model-x-m520r-dark-graphite-metallic-avant-garde-wheels-19.jpg
    tesla-model-x-m520r-dark-graphite-metallic-avant-garde-wheels-19.jpg
    734.4 KB · Views: 108
Nevermind, I see in the pic that you got 22x10.5 (assuming for the back). Since those are wider than oem, do you have any issues with rubbing or efficiency?
There wont be any issues with rubbing. As for efficiency, aerodynamics on a wheel do not play so much a role as much as weight and size of the wheel. Hopefully by the time the wheels are installed the Energy graph will be back so I can share the results.

Do any other Plaid owners here have 20" wheels? As mentioned above, I am considering changing out my 22's, but want to make sure that traction isn't an issue in track mode.
Simply think of it this way- more tire touching the ground= more grip. The overall diameter of the wheel doesnt change on the model x so long ratio and tire opening diameter are same; however, the 22" wheel offering from tesla is wider, therefor more rubber on the ground->more grip. Just because you have 20" wheels doesnt mean you cant track it. You arent going to spin out base solely on your wheel size, there are many more factors that are much more important for that to happen.

I just got 2022.8.2 downloaded. Nothing in there I particularly care about but I am happy to be in the system now so that I can get the update for the horn whenever that comes... Bizarre that Elon announced it yet the update doesn't come.... Would think this would be a priority if the hardware is already there...