Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is that your third row issues are all related to the software woes. I’ve noticed that when I get that stupid warning about the right rear safety restraint system, the motor in the middle seat stops functioning. Then, if it’s pushed back as far as it goes, the third row seat won’t fold down because the second row seat needs to “automatically” move forward an inch out two to get out of the way.

Whatever method you use to turn off that warning (seems like random luck after starting to me), the middle seat works again and so does the third row.

Good luck!
Agree with this. Same issues for me on 2022.8.2.

Great find, thanks! This is exactly my situation. I'll follow up with this guy and see if it gets resolved for him. The service center told me today that it was a known issue and to wait for a firmware resolution. I do wonder why it only affects certain Model Xs though. Perhaps we have a few chip substitutions on our builds that haven't had the bugs worked through yet.

So is ANYONE with the refresh able to supercharge without the car going crazy and rebooting constantly? I'm supposed to be pick up my MXP tomorrow and I'm having serious second thoughts. Seeing this issue rampant in the refresh S for over a year now with no fix in sight.

So is ANYONE with the refresh able to supercharge without the car going crazy and rebooting constantly? I'm supposed to be pick up my MXP tomorrow and I'm having serious second thoughts. Seeing this issue rampant in the refresh S for over a year now with no fix in sight.
Almost everyone is fine — there are a few extreme exceptions …. Seems to be luck of the draw

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
I did a quick supercharge a couple weeks ago on my plaid. No issues at all. This was before I updated to 2022.8.X

Wow, what ended up being the problem?

I had no issues or warnings before this. I’ve only driven the car under 200 miles since getting it last months, with the majority miles going too and from the place I got it wrapped. I did update software a few days ago, but had no errors before this. And of course it took the tow truck 2 hours to come to my house and we pulled up to Tesla 2 minutes after they closed. It was a ghost town. Going to be interesting to see what they find the issue is tomorrow.
What software are you on currently? I've been on 2022.4.5.3 since 2/23/22 and my car has been running fine except for the occasional random resets like i mentioned before.

I wouldn’t worry too much, I picked up my MX-P on Tuesday and the software version was never upgraded from the factory (manufacture date on door sticker says 3/22). Still has 2021.45 (probably Nov, 21) which has it’s own quirks like random rebooting and seatbelt chime even though its buckled. There have been 12 updates since then. What’s worse, my SC hasn’t been able to force an over-the-air download to me yet. Although I don’t know if they want to send 2022.8.2 because of the known issues. Maybe I can get the previous one.

Last edited:
I received delivery in Feb 2022. I have the car without all the small updates such as the charging door opening upwards. I am not picky about panel gaps and aligning issues, unless it's very severe. Other than that here are the issues below thus far:

• Driver's seat pitch adjustment stopped working.
    • Solved. Tesla thought it was the switch, but it was the motor. They replaced the motor
  • Rear Right Seat Restraint
    • Unsolved. They said a harness was loose and they plugged it back in and the warning went away. Upon my 2nd drive of the day, the warning came on again
    • I will bring it up again in a separate appointment. My baby seat is located on that seat and the error would sometimes go away if I re-buckle the seat
    • What does this error mean? Does it mean the seat belt will not work?
  • Driver's side front windshield wiper fluid not coming out
    • This was solved by myself. I inspected the lines leading to the wiper blade and saw a kink
  • Driver's side rear seat, seat belt twisted
    • Solved. I pulled out the seat belt all the way out, twisted it and let it furl in the correct orientation
  • Falcon Wing Doors thinking there's an obstruction
    • This is an ongoing process that I'm still troubleshooting. I think when the door is dirty, the car thinks there's an obstruction. I wish we can adjust the sensitivity ourselves, but Tesla says they recalibrated the doors

Ordering issue, which sucks because I can't book a separate appointment unless I cancel my order. I ordered a winter tire set in February, it's now April and it hasn't been delivered yet. Unfortunately location of where the car was picked up is an hour away from my house but there's a Tesla Service Center only a few miles from my house. Because of this backorder, I have to do everything through this Tesla Service Center that's far away. They said I could cancel my order but they don't know what that would do with my position in line for my winter tire package.

Hopefully I can solve the Rear Right Seat Restraint issue.

I am at a point where I feel comfortable to submit my car to my detailer. I am going to get a full frontal wrap and have the car have several coats of ceramic.

Last edited:
Reactions: garcMERP
I received delivery in Feb 2022. I have the car without all the small updates such as the charging door opening upwards. I am not picky about panel gaps and aligning issues, unless it's very severe. Other than that here are the issues below thus far:

• Driver's seat pitch adjustment stopped working.
    • Solved. Tesla thought it was the switch, but it was the motor. They replaced the motor
  • Rear Right Seat Restraint
    • Unsolved. They said a harness was loose and they plugged it back in and the warning went away. Upon my 2nd drive of the day, the warning came on again
    • I will bring it up again in a separate appointment. My baby seat is located on that seat and the error would sometimes go away if I re-buckle the seat
    • What does this error mean? Does it mean the seat belt will not work?
  • Driver's side front windshield wiper fluid not coming out
    • This was solved by myself. I inspected the lines leading to the wiper blade and saw a kink
  • Driver's side rear seat, seat belt twisted
    • Solved. I pulled out the seat belt all the way out, twisted it and let it furl in the correct orientation
  • Falcon Wing Doors thinking there's an obstruction
    • This is an ongoing process that I'm still troubleshooting. I think when the door is dirty, the car thinks there's an obstruction. I wish we can adjust the sensitivity ourselves, but Tesla says they recalibrated the doors

Ordering issue, which sucks because I can't book a separate appointment unless I cancel my order. I ordered a winter tire set in February, it's now April and it hasn't been delivered yet. Unfortunately location of where the car was picked up is an hour away from my house but there's a Tesla Service Center only a few miles from my house. Because of this backorder, I have to do everything through this Tesla Service Center that's far away. They said I could cancel my order but they don't know what that would do with my position in line for my winter tire package.

Hopefully I can solve the Rear Right Seat Restraint issue.

I am at a point where I feel comfortable to submit my car to my detailer. I am going to get a full frontal wrap and have the car have several coats of ceramic.
The Rear Right Seat Restraint issue is a common error with the latest software update 2022.8.2. There are many complaints about it in this thread, and I just received it myself yesterday, after upgrading to 2022.8.2 this past Saturday.

Reactions: Mermaan
The Rear Right Seat Restraint issue is a common error with the latest software update 2022.8.2. There are many complaints about it in this thread, and I just received it myself yesterday, after upgrading to 2022.8.2 this past Saturday.
Brought mine in. The techs claimed the use of a seat belt extender for my kids booster was the culprit. They said only plug it in when in use. We’ll see if that’s true. I hope it is. But I only had one extender on one side and got intermittent errors on either side and twice indicating both sides had a fault. Just sucks when I can’t move the chairs or fold the seats

2022 Model X Plaid

Everything great until 2022.8.2

Now intermittent rear right seat restraint error and 2nd and 3rd right seats without power. Response from service below.

Just to add to the pile.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 3.19.09 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 3.19.09 PM.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 110
Anybody having issues with Disney+ login? I get logged in just fine, but as soon as I close the app I have to log in all over again…. I tried rebooting the screen and no luck. Netflix, Hulu and YouTube seem to be just fine.

Took delivery on wednesday! Everything went great! Car was in great condition! One thing i’m noticing is a small very subtle rattle in the dashboard when driving. You don’t notice it if the radio is on. Anyone else having this / gotten any word from tesla from a service ticket? i’m thinking of submitting one

Took delivery on wednesday! Everything went great! Car was in great condition! One thing i’m noticing is a small very subtle rattle in the dashboard when driving. You don’t notice it if the radio is on. Anyone else having this / gotten any word from tesla from a service ticket? i’m thinking of submitting one
A rattle in the dash is a pretty huge issue IMO (especially at this price point).

I have a noise in the dashboard on the driver side. It is more of a squeak, like if you were rubbing two pieces of Styrofoam together. It is most noticeable on bumpy roads. I had the SC attempt to fix. They said they put some sound deadening materials between the speaker grill and the windshield. It’s still squeaks when it’s cold, but it is nearly silent when it is warmer out. I would be careful though, because I think I remember reading that someone also tried to get a dashboard rattle fixed, and they caused some damage to the lining on the A pillars removing the speaker grill.

Brought mine in. The techs claimed the use of a seat belt extender for my kids booster was the culprit. They said only plug it in when in use. We’ll see if that’s true. I hope it is. But I only had one extender on one side and got intermittent errors on either side and twice indicating both sides had a fault. Just sucks when I can’t move the chairs or fold the seats
They are BSing you or they don't know what they are doing. Seat Belt restraint error is a software problem. You can clear it by going in and changing your tire size. This forces a reboot of all modules in the car. The error will come back but this will clear it for a while.