Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After about 200 miles the cameras calibrated and I turned on AP ASAP. All was well for a while then nav had no traffic data despite congestion lines on the map and brake and tire alerts flashed several times and swipe right to access controls stopped working although the button still worked.
Did a two scrollwheel brief hold reset and all was well during the rest of the trip for another 300 miles.
V2021.43.202

I just picked up my MX-P about the same time as you with the same outdated software. I have not supercharged yet to know if I’d have the same issues as you. However, back up camera will stay on even though I’m driving down the road, seat belt chime dinging despite being buckled and frequent MCU rebooting without cause. While it could be an MCU issue, I‘m not convinced until a newer software release is updated. Keep in mind, there has been about 12 software update versions since 2021.43.202 so this is old problematic crap. I did just unplug the USB stick in the glovebox to see if that was an issue (based on other posts I’ve read) and I changed from the wheel size to 22”’s then back to 20”’s to force a reboot. You should try that as well. Time will tell whether it’s software (my guess) or hardware. Get a SC appointment and have them download latest latest software (2022.8.3) if they will. I’m waiting for mine. 2022.8.2 has its own problems.
Thank you for the input. I'll try the tire size trick. Couldn't hurt.

Last week, I noticed my heat/air wasn't working well. On the climate control screen there was the following message. Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault. I contacted the SC and they sent out a technician 2 days later and said they are going to have to order a part. No idea when it will come in.

Did this get resolved for you? I'm seeing this on my 2/2022 build. Definitely I have the "climate keeper unavailable due to system fault" message.

The user-visible symptom that I see is that "auto" mode in climate control seems to cause cold air to blow out the vents when the car is already cold (also they're what would seem to be the wrong vents). I'm not sure if this is the behavior is intended or not, but it's very different from what my 2015 Model S does.

I've got this noted for a service appointment but that's not going to happen until April 15.

Thanks,

Bruce.

1649086642648.jpeg

Hmmm….

Thank you for the input. I'll try the tire size trick. Couldn't hurt.
I still had random rebooting this morning despite tire size changing and removing/reinstalling USB stick. However, miraculously I got the 2022.8.3 software download this afternoon. Not sure if my SC was able to force it or what. It has a lot of new options/settings on the MCU and hopefully resolves the previous problems.

Not really an issue exactly but I just noticed that my new long range has continental contact sport tires all around but 275/45 in the rear and 265/45 in the front like my old P90D.
What are people getting for tires on their LR?

Xx
Did this get resolved for you? I'm seeing this on my 2/2022 build. Definitely I have the "climate keeper unavailable due to system fault" message.

The user-visible symptom that I see is that "auto" mode in climate control seems to cause cold air to blow out the vents when the car is already cold (also they're what would seem to be the wrong vents). I'm not sure if this is the behavior is intended or not, but it's very different from what my 2015 Model S does.

I've got this noted for a service appointment but that's not going to happen until April 15.

Thanks,

Bruce.
I dropped my 11/2021 build MXLR 6 seater off at local SC for the exact same problem. I got climate control failure with "Cabin climate control system requires service" message. No heat and only cold air blew out from the vent. Peabody, MA SC considered this as safety issue (w/ higher priority as temp drops ~30F at night) and took the car in even though first available appt was April 20th. Their diagnosis was AC compressor failure and and need to replace that along with other parts. They said the will start working on replacing bad parts tomorrow, but no words for the estimated completion. I keep you posted if i hear from them tomorrow about the progress.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah and Mermaan
Very nice. How much? And are they available in black? I’m assuming these are lighter than Tesla’s stock 22’s
~$2,500, yes (but also in any color you want for additional $) They weight about 27lbs without the tire. I believe the OEM 22's are cast so literally anything other than cast wheels in the same dimensions will be lighter and stronger than stock.

Reactions: JER85
Picked up my MXLR on 3/31/22 (6 seat, 22s, FSD). Originally ordered in June 2021, est. delivery kept getting pushed back until it stayed at “July 2022” for awhile then on 3/29/22 they suddenly called out of the blue and said I have a VIN could pick up my car in 2 days lol. Nothing to do with end of Q1 I’m sure…

Overall fit and finish was pretty good, just a few cosmetic things (tiny paint scratches, seat bolster wrinkling and scratches, etc.). Nothing major. Although I have the same acceleration shudder that my MS P100D had, for which I had to replace the halfshafts. Is anyone else having the same acceleration shudder? I believe it is more common on the MX than MS?

FYI the MXLR is fast, and this is coming from a P100D owner, I can’t image how fast the Plaid is. The accelerator pedal feels much more peppy and responsive than my MS and the car even pulls when you punch it at HW speeds. Maybe the new PM motors are the reason? Love this car so far, it might be a keeper!