Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MXLR on 3/31/22 (6 seat, 22s, FSD). Originally ordered in June 2021, est. delivery kept getting pushed back until it stayed at “July 2022” for awhile then on 3/29/22 they suddenly called out of the blue and said I have a VIN could pick up my car in 2 days lol. Nothing to do with end of Q1 I’m sure…

Overall fit and finish was pretty good, just a few cosmetic things (tiny paint scratches, seat bolster wrinkling and scratches, etc.). Nothing major. Although I have the same acceleration shudder that my MS P100D had, for which I had to replace the halfshafts. Is anyone else having the same acceleration shudder? I believe it is more common on the MX than MS?

FYI the MXLR is fast, and this is coming from a P100D owner, I can’t image how fast the Plaid is. The accelerator pedal feels much more peppy and responsive than my MS and the car even pulls when you punch it at HW speeds. Maybe the new PM motors are the reason? Love this car so far, it might be a keeper!
The wrinkling on the seats- I have this too but just thought it was normal for leather(ish) seats. How do they fix this? Do you think I should have service look at it?

The wrinkling on the seats- I have this too but just thought it was normal for leather(ish) seats. How do they fix this? Do you think I should have service look at it?
It’s worth having them take a look at it. My detail guy says they should replace the seat back cover if there is a scratch or damage. Some of the wrinkling in the side bolsters didn’t bother him that much, but I’m going to have Tesla take a look at it along with the other stuff anyway just in case.

am i being too picky or is this something i should ask for a FWD alignment? the doors open perfectly and i see no crazy mismatch or anything

the problem is the driver side FWD rubber seals at the top might be a little off (doors probably need to be adjusted ever so slightly but afraid the SC might screw it up more):

Area closest to the front windshield:

Capture.JPG

Area closest to the back windshield:

Capture 2.JPG

Overall fit and finish was pretty good, just a few cosmetic things (tiny paint scratches, seat bolster wrinkling and scratches, etc.). Nothing major. Although I have the same acceleration shudder that my MS P100D had, for which I had to replace the halfshafts. Is anyone else having the same acceleration shudder? I believe it is more common on the MX than MS?

Multiple threads ASKING if anyone has experienced the acceleration shudder on the refresh X with zero reports. You are the very first to claim to have this issue with the refresh X.

Reactions: Vitaman
It’s worth having them take a look at it. My detail guy says they should replace the seat back cover if there is a scratch or damage. Some of the wrinkling in the side bolsters didn’t bother him that much, but I’m going to have Tesla take a look at it along with the other stuff anyway just in case.

If it were real leather, minor wrinkling will disappear over time. The vegan leather will not fix itself over time. They need to replace any seat covers that have wrinkling or re-install them properly.

Reactions: Model S M.D.
am i being too picky or is this something i should ask for a FWD alignment? the doors open perfectly and i see no crazy mismatch or anything

the problem is the driver side FWD rubber seals at the top might be a little off (doors probably need to be adjusted ever so slightly but afraid the SC might screw it up more):

Area closest to the front windshield:

View attachment 790479

Area closest to the back windshield:

View attachment 790480

I think that's about as good as it gets.

After I updated to 2022.8.3 Monday night I started getting the Rear Restraint System Fault for the rear left and right. I scheduled a service appointment, although I am sure it will be resolved through another update. Yesterday the red airbag light illuminated on my dash. It's on again today. I added that to the service appointment. Again, I'm sure it's a software issue, but it's a little unnerving to drive around with these warnings.

After I updated to 2022.8.3 Monday night I started getting the Rear Restraint System Fault for the rear left and right. I scheduled a service appointment, although I am sure it will be resolved through another update. Yesterday the red airbag light illuminated on my dash. It's on again today. I added that to the service appointment. Again, I'm sure it's a software issue, but it's a little unnerving to drive around with these warnings.
does your charge port door open when you click the wall charger button? mine stopped doing so after this update

Picked up my MXLR on 3/31/22 (6 seat, 22s, FSD). Originally ordered in June 2021, est. delivery kept getting pushed back until it stayed at “July 2022” for awhile then on 3/29/22 they suddenly called out of the blue and said I have a VIN could pick up my car in 2 days lol. Nothing to do with end of Q1 I’m sure…

FYI the MXLR is fast, and this is coming from a P100D owner, I can’t image how fast the Plaid is. The accelerator pedal feels much more peppy and responsive than my MS and the car even pulls when you punch it at HW speeds. Maybe the new PM motors are the reason? Love this car so far, it might be a keeper!
Is the shudder worse the harder you accelerate? If so, that’s the old Shudder problem. Keep it on low and chill and be prepared replace your tires often. That’s why I got rid of my Raven X and won’t be getting another. Or you can get adjustable camber links to fix the tire problem running it on low.

If the shudder stops when you accelerate harder, then that’s the new shudder problem some Refresh Model S owners have. Happens between 40-50mph with light throttle (like when going up a slight incline).

Does this page look the same on the refresh X as it does the S? Is the default ride height to low setting on in the lower right? I know the X has a few more levels.
Tesla-Suspension-Advanced-Settings-Interface_2020-32-1-749x1024.jpg
That’s what my Refresh S looks like. I think my Raven X had 5 levels.

Keep in mind, on Raven X, default to low would wear out the inside of the tires prematurely.