Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do your cars wheeze?

Mine makes this wheezing sound I hear at a stop light or pull into the garage. It is quiet and I can only hear it when there is no outside noise from the tire, wind, etc. Sounds just like Grandma when she falls asleep watching TV. I wonder if it is the vent directional motors moving.

No, the pigtail is no longer included. Go to the service center and ask for the trailer brake ECU adapter (part 1072586-00-A). When I purchased one last week, it cost $4.40 + tax. I suspect it's an off-the-shelf connector, but at that price, it's not worth the hassle of trying to track down the generic part.
If that was an Apple part it would be 144.40, 4.40 for the part, 140 the locally sourced vegan packaging.

On the S, there were some complaints of a noise from the main AP camera area ( there is a fan in the mirror assembly). Fan starting and shutting down, over and over. Another complaint of noise from Yoke. But I think that was constant.

Do your cars wheeze?

Mine makes this wheezing sound I hear at a stop light or pull into the garage. It is quiet and I can only hear it when there is no outside noise from the tire, wind, etc. Sounds just like Grandma when she falls asleep watching TV. I wonder if it is the vent directional motors moving.

It doesn't wheeze, but it did fart the other morning when I dropped my daughter off at high school in front of 50 of her senior classmates 😂

• Funny
Reactions: bmah and aerodyne
Just got back home from a 600 mile round trip. I am on the latest software and happy to report no issues with the car freaking out after supercharging. We made several SC stops at both 150kw and 250kw chargers…. Now I have never experienced the issue not even when I first got the car and it was on 2021.43.201…. I am now on 2022.12.1

I’ve also never had the safety restraint warning error either.

The one issue that I’ve had was the charge port door not opening with the button and that seems to be resolved now with this latest update.

So I guess this is not totally a software thing being that some cars have experienced it and others haven’t at all. There has to be another factor involved

So the two big sources of rattling sound coming from the back are the middle row seat under panels. Has anyone else experienced this and what was the fix?
I too have noticed this sound, but only when there is no one sitting in the middle seats. Which makes me think the noise is related to the middle seats. I was thinking about placing weights on the middle seats to help isolate the noise, but have not got around to it yet.

Cool.

BTW that aluminum structure across the top is the air suspension tank.

I wonder where the Biohazard filter is now.
The HEPA filter is located between the firewall and the air suspension tank. You can easily see it with the rear frunk trim panel removed. What I find interesting is that HVAC air intake is located "inside" this compartment, unlike the refresh Model S air intake which is located on the trim panel between the frunk-pan and windshield in front of the wipers. From what I could see, the Model X HVAC air intake is pulling in outside air from around the front tires - which also seems to be the same location where the radiator exhaust air is dumped.

I too have noticed this sound, but only when there is no one sitting in the middle seats. Which makes me think the noise is related to the middle seats. I was thinking about placing weights on the middle seats to help isolate the noise, but have not got around to it yet.

So in my case, the underbelly cover had an electrical harness and connector sitting on top of it not secured. It was the connector that was vibrating against the underbelly cover and because of the shape, it was acting like a hue amplifying resonator. Just fixed both sides. They are silent now. '

But now it exposed the one singular source of noise left and that is the cupholder behind the center console. If I apply a bit of pressure with my hand while driving over a bumpy road, my X is finally silent for the first time.

Sad for a $140K car.

So in my case, the underbelly cover had an electrical harness and connector sitting on top of it not secured. It was the connector that was vibrating against the underbelly cover and because of the shape, it was acting like a hue amplifying resonator. Just fixed both sides. They are silent now. '

But now it exposed the one singular source of noise left and that is the cupholder behind the center console. If I apply a bit of pressure with my hand while driving over a bumpy road, my X is finally silent for the first time.

Sad for a $140K car.
That's why we need FSD, so we can have hands free to press on the rattling bits

(Ducking)

Sad for a $140K car.
How was the source of the noise located/identified? I am guessing that this must have been the plastic covers in front or behind the battery pack?

Sad for a $140K car.
What's the top-half of your VIN? Would be interesting to correlate these kinds of issues with VIN ranges.