Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having a spontaneous charging startup? Car is set to charge at 0115 to take advantage of time of use super off peak rates. If I go out to the car for anything or have the key fob near the car, it will start charging as soon as the car turns on. Currently on 22.12.3.12 ver but it did not just start with this update. I think the problem is with the car not the Tesla HPWC because it did not do this with my 2016.
Feedback?
Mine does the same thing. I believe there is a setting for this but have not researched it. I usually only plug it in when I want it to charge. But if I stop the charge early it will restart when the fob is detected.

Anyone else having a spontaneous charging startup? Car is set to charge at 0115 to take advantage of time of use super off peak rates. If I go out to the car for anything or have the key fob near the car, it will start charging as soon as the car turns on. Currently on 22.12.3.12 ver but it did not just start with this update. I think the problem is with the car not the Tesla HPWC because it did not do this with my 2016.
Feedback?
When you are plugged in to shore power, any time you enter the vehicle, and the climate system comes on, it will begin to take power from your connected source as opposed to the battery. It does not mean the vehicle is actually charging.

My left turn signal button is sometimes unresponsive. I thought it was some kind of half-assed safety feature, since it seems to happen when I try to signal a lane change from highway middle lane to highway speed lane and the speed lane has little or no shoulder between it and a barrier wall.

I have a service appointment upcoming for the rear seat warning light. I'll see if I can add the turn signal fault to it.
I had my service appointment at 4,500 miles:

—adjusted tire pressure and confirmed tread wear is even across each tire

—installed various over-the-air updates

—removed and replaced front left repeater camera

—inspected yoke over-the-air, confirmed defect in left turn indicator, removed and replaced with new yoke and new bolt

—confirmed USB drive defect as cause of sentry mode issue, replaced USB

—confirmed frunk hood latch defect and replaced with new latch

—performed heavy exterior adjustment to falcon wing door

So far so good, and this week I got my FSD Beta invite so no more Safety Score driving for me!

When you are plugged in to shore power, any time you enter the vehicle, and the climate system comes on, it will begin to take power from your connected source as opposed to the battery. It does not mean the vehicle is actually charging.
Thanks. I have the climate system off and it still turns on the HPWC. I can understand an occasional startup but it does it EVERY time. This is not what my 2016 did. So, either they changed something in the commands or there is a setting that needs to be changed. If no one on the board has any ideas, I guess I’ll end up calling Tesla support😝

Thanks. I have the climate system off and it still turns on the HPWC. I can understand an occasional startup but it does it EVERY time. This is not what my 2016 did. So, either they changed something in the commands or there is a setting that needs to be changed. If no one on the board has any ideas, I guess I’ll end up calling Tesla support😝
My 2018 does that, as does my wife's Model 3. I consider it normal activity. But open a ticket, maybe we'll both learn something.

I have a creaking/rattling noise coming from the mesh piece up against the windshield. Is that where yours was making noise? Also, how long did it take them to fix the noise?
I have a creaking/rattling noise coming from the mesh piece up against the windshield. Is that where yours was making noise? Also, how long did it take them to fix the noise?
My noise was more under the dash. It was a pretty easy fix. They said the dash wasn’t fastened correctly and installed some type of pad. They did bend the mesh a little when they took the dash off. They will be replacing this when the part comes in. The service center in LA is very busy and it took 3 days before I got it back.

Reactions: jboy210
Yes it turns it on, but does it stay on? My model y does this. Clicks on, then turns off.

It sure gets hot here in the afternoons!

We have the cabin overheat protection on which is supposed to kick in above 105 degrees, but nothing happens. Interior gets quite hot and no indication of any climate control.

I noticed that at the SC a bunch of Teslas were parked in full sun all day, windows up, so I guess just like other cars they can take baking in the heat. The day we picked up was 101 in the afternoon full sun.

We have the cabin overheat protection on which is supposed to kick in above 105 degrees, but nothing happens. Interior gets quite hot and no indication of any climate control.

I noticed that at the SC a bunch of Teslas were parked in full sun all day, windows up, so I guess just like other cars they can take baking in the heat. The day we picked up was 101 in the afternoon full sun.
Does it exceed 105? It should turn on the fan when it gets hotter, but it doesnt turn on the AC as far as I know. There was an issue with sentry mode and cabin overheat before, but havent had any issues with it since (2-3 years ago)

Does it exceed 105? It should turn on the fan when it gets hotter, but it doesnt turn on the AC as far as I know. There was an issue with sentry mode and cabin overheat before, but havent had any issues with it since (2-3 years ago)
Well it got up to 119 interior temp today, exterior temp around 101.

I hit the app “Vent’ button to crack the windows, but it didn’t really cool off.

Just a fan maybe? No indication in the app that it’s doing anything.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr

Cabin Overheat used to be always on, but some time ago, it became time limited, only on for something like 12 hours. After parked over night, even when plugged in, I’ve found interior temp well over 150°F. Within 12 hours, it hangs around 105°. It will turn on the A/C if necessary.

Cabin Overheat used to be always on, but some time ago, it became time limited, only on for something like 12 hours. After parked over night, even when plugged in, I’ve found interior temp well over 150°F. Within 12 hours, it hangs around 105°. It will turn on the A/C if necessary.
Hmmm - well that is not happening here. I’ve checked within 12 hours of driving, and DH says that according to the manual climate is supposed to come on.

Thanks for your info.

Today the app appears a little different leading me to believe that cabin overheat protection is currently active since I’m within the 12 hour window since driving. Yesterday we were in and out of the car several times in the morning but didn’t actually drive anywhere, so I’m thinking that it wasn’t in fact active yesterday. Today I also parked the car in an area with partial shade and the interior never got more than a degree hotter than the exterior even with windows closed.

Another hot afternoon. 101 in the shade, 103+ in the sun.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJPDX
Model X Plaid has an issue where the radio only plays out of the front speakers. Zero bass. Then I do a hard reset and it starts working normally again. Has randomly done this twice now. Anyone else have this happen?
It's happened to me. I did a brake reset and eventually got the sub back, but still don't hear some speakers above the middle row seats-- especially when panning the sound to the rear. The middle warmth is missing. SC will hopefully find a fix for this when I take it in tonight. I kind of don't listen to the stereo much since delivery since the speakers aren't all firing to hear the nice Tidal hifi downloads or my USB.

ack tesla service said the computer replacement and body panel adjustments require the service center and can’t be done mobile. I’m having them see if it still even needs to be done. I’m not driving 2.5 hours each way and then being stuck in Charlotte for potentially days to get work done.

Really need a LOT more service centers if they can’t do most things with mobile service. There has to be 100s of teslas in Greenville SC area now so it’s not like we are a tiny market.