Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how's ur guys driver side cooling seats? the passenger side is strong on the lower back and legs, but the driver side seems slightly weaker
I hate to say it but I was wondering about my seat cooling. It seemed to work and then it wasn’t seeming to work, and I’ve ridden in both the driver and passenger seat (yes I let her drive and yes my score dropped from 99 to 95 😔🤫🤭).

Anyone else having issues with charge port door not responding?
The charging wand will trigger it only 10 % of the time. A finger press about 50% and the app works 100%.
Is it a bad Bluetooth Antenna or something else? Have tried 3 different home Tesla charging stations. All were flawless with my 2019 Model X....so it is not the wand itself.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I hate to say it but I was wondering about my seat cooling. It seemed to work and then it wasn’t seeming to work, and I’ve ridden in both the driver and passenger seat (yes I let her drive and yes my score dropped from 99 to 95 😔🤫🤭).
Yeah it seems inconsistent - when I first drove it home it was super cold on my back. I’ve been setting it manually to be higher than it does on auto. Auto isn’t aggressive enough with the seat cooling.

Yes
The charging wand will trigger it only 10 % of the time. A finger press about 50% and the app works 100%.
Is it a bad Bluetooth Antenna or something else? Have tried 3 different home Tesla charging stations. All were flawless with my 2019 Model X....so it is not the wand itself.
this happened also in our Y.
Someone suggested check for a missing magnet in the port door— it wasn’t missing.
And yes I noticed it’s happening in the X.

Minor peeve and I think it’s software and will get fixed soon.

Oh and THANK GOODNESS for Tesla having good app developers. If the Tesla app were the iRobot app, I would *die.*
(I use the iRobot app every day but man it is sluggish)

Reactions: nBar5EV1
Not so far - knock on wood!

Actually we were having a problem with the charge port door opening up spontaneously while parked. That appears to have gone away with the upgrade to 22.16.1.1

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Having some weird sound issues that I’m not sure if it’s a case of “all model X have this issue with certain songs” or if I’ve got some bad tweeters or something.

Can anyone try out the song “Chasing Cars” by Tommee Profitt and Fleurie from Spotify? At the 9 second and 14 second mark (and a few others) there is a piano chord that sounds bad on the X. Also sounds bad if you try to have an iPhone speaker play that part of the song. Sounds perfectly correct on our Sonos sound bars playing the same song off Spotify.

Need to be at volume 7-11 range to hear the issue clearly.

Our seat cooling comes on if we really return down the temperature. Normally it doesn’t.

It’s pretty funny too when it comes on because we’re both sitting there making all these orgasmic sounds.

Having some weird sound issues that I’m not sure if it’s a case of “all model X have this issue with certain songs” or if I’ve got some bad tweeters or something.

Can anyone try out the song “Chasing Cars” by Tommee Profitt and Fleurie from Spotify? At the 9 second and 14 second mark (and a few others) there is a piano chord that sounds bad on the X. Also sounds bad if you try to have an iPhone speaker play that part of the song. Sounds perfectly correct on our Sonos sound bars playing the same song off Spotify.

Need to be at volume 7-11 range to hear the issue clearly.
Figured out this speaker is bad. Moved the balance to the passenger side and that section of the song sounds perfect at volume 9. Hopefully mobile service can replace it.

Attachments

• 2C1652C4-8F8D-46D5-9ECA-4E2993471E8E.jpeg
    2C1652C4-8F8D-46D5-9ECA-4E2993471E8E.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 72
When you are plugged in to shore power, any time you enter the vehicle, and the climate system comes on, it will begin to take power from your connected source as opposed to the battery. It does not mean the vehicle is actually charging.
Isn't shore power great! What size slip do you have? 😊😁

Seriously though: You are charging the battery, in the sense that shore power flows into the batteries and then out to the accessories...

Seriously though: You are charging the battery, in the sense that shore power flows into the batteries and then out to the accessories...
Actually, that is not true. When the batteries are charging, you can see charge action on the main display. If the battery is already charged to your set limit, it will not charge further. Yet all accessories may be in use, and the battery not charging. If you increase the charge limit while connected, charging will start separately.

Actually, that is not true. When the batteries are charging, you can see charge action on the main display. If the battery is already charged to your set limit, it will not charge further. Yet all accessories may be in use, and the battery not charging. If you increase the charge limit while connected, charging will start separately.
Just because the display doesn’t show you “adding” to the battery doesn’t mean it isn’t going through the battery.

It’s a lot easier and cheaper to always charge the battery. And always load the battery with accessories. Adding the bypass switching just adds cost, complexity and failure points.

They don’t have to add any hardware or much software to get the effect of running off “shore power” by simply regulating the exact current needed based on the current load.

If your battery is low and needs charging they just raise the current and show it on the display.

Show us the bypass circuits and software then I’ll believe you.

Just because the display doesn’t show you “adding” to the battery doesn’t mean it isn’t going through the battery.

It’s a lot easier and cheaper to always charge the battery. And always load the battery with accessories. Adding the bypass switching just adds cost, complexity and failure points.

They don’t have to add any hardware or much software to get the effect of running off “shore power” by simply regulating the exact current needed based on the current load.

If your battery is low and needs charging they just raise the current and show it on the display.

Show us the bypass circuits and software then I’ll believe you.
BUT, each time the car is drawing energy from (shore power) the outlet, you are paying for the energy. This is especially inconvenient and costly if you have time of use (TOU) from your energy provider. Peak costs are over double than super offpeak from Dominion. That is why it is disconcerting that my “22 and apparently most model after at least the 2016 X which did not do this - it drew direct from the battery vice shore. (Still looking if there is a setting to change this or if it is baked in the firmware.)

BUT, each time the car is drawing energy from (shore power) the outlet, you are paying for the energy. This is especially inconvenient and costly if you have time of use (TOU) from your energy provider. Peak costs are over double than super offpeak from Dominion. That is why it is disconcerting that my “22 and apparently most model after at least the 2016 X which did not do this - it drew direct from the battery vice shore. (Still looking if there is a setting to change this or if it is baked in the firmware.)
I actually never noticed that it even used shore power for accessories because by habit I always shut the HVAC off every time I park. It wastes a lot of energy however it’s done. I’m frequently in and out of the car, packing, unpacking, and putting items in the car for errands.

Problem solved.

Reactions: John in LB
I actually never noticed that it even used shore power for accessories because by habit I always shut the HVAC off every time I park. It wastes a lot of energy however it’s done. I’m frequently in and out of the car, packing, unpacking, and putting items in the car for errands.

Problem solved.
My comment refers to the fact that my “22 will start up and start drawing power through the HPWC any time I go out to the garage or open the door (HVAC is turned off) if I have it plugged in and charging scheduled. My “16 X did not didn’t do this, it would draw from the battery and wait until the scheduled start time to start charging. My current work around (until I can figure another way) is not to plug the car into the HPWC until late at night to preclude electrical draw through the HPWC before the scheduled time. The downside is that it won’t charge if I forget to plug into the HPWC. I got into the habit of plugging into the HPWC whenever I parked in the garage but somewhere along the models progression from 16 to 22 the parameters must have changed.

My comment refers to the fact that my “22 will start up and start drawing power through the HPWC any time I go out to the garage or open the door (HVAC is turned off) if I have it plugged in and charging scheduled. My “16 X did not didn’t do this, it would draw from the battery and wait until the scheduled start time to start charging. My current work around (until I can figure another way) is not to plug the car into the HPWC until late at night to preclude electrical draw through the HPWC before the scheduled time. The downside is that it won’t charge if I forget to plug into the HPWC. I got into the habit of plugging into the HPWC whenever I parked in the garage but somewhere along the models progression from 16 to 22 the parameters must have changed.
My 22 S does not do that.

Took delivery of my black 22 X Plaid with regrets! I even asked if i could return for refund the next morning which was rejected lol.

Issues:
1) 2 door dings (1 on each side)
2) Bumper scratches, mirror scratch
3) Overspray all over the car especially the windshield (very hazy under bright sun and you can see tiny dots/overspray that doesn't come off with commercial cleaners)
4) Rear drivers seat doesn't work (power switch not working)
5) Panel gap on the frame to hood (not fixable according to the local service tech)
6) Buffing swirls everywhere
7) White wax marks in deep crevices
8) Charge-port door opening randomly at traffic lights
9) Dirty finger prints and hand marks on the white seats
10) Wheel plastic aero parts not installed (not sure if I am supposed to do this myself which I don't see why I should have to)

This reminds me of the GUNG HO movie with Michael Keaton. Just about vehicle output numbers, and quality last!

Their solution, come back in 3 weeks, keep car there for 2 weeks to iron out the issues if possible. Also risk if something new shows up at pick up which I have heard. The detailers at the Roswell, GA are from the worst talent pool.

I am going to address the scratches, overspray and dings myself (scared to bring it back for service) but I am in shock how HORRIBLE the experience was for a $140k + car. I was 50/50 rejecting the car / taking delivery. That being said, the car is a pleasure to drive, very different and pleasing in driving experience. Looking forward for long EV trips this summer.

Has anyone had any success in return/refund of Tesla vehicles via legal channels?