Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any curb rash recommendations? I ever so slightly skinned a curb but I am bothered by the imperfection.
I used this and it worked like a charm:

Make sure to get the gunpowder color

I also used an 80 grit sandpaper to smooth out the curb rash area, then painted and it looks like new.

Was reparking my X refresh LR putting from reverse to drive on a steep driveway and felt a few jolts from rear followed by Rear motor disabled pull over immediately message. Unable to put it in drive its stuck indl the middle ofy steep driveway. Scroll wheel reset and power down didnt work. Will be calling roadside assistance tommorow morning I guess. Anyone else experience this?

• Informative
Reactions: lexus26 and bobusn
Yes. Unfortunately I had a first-time delivery driver who did not know the process for issues, etc. She took photos but I also followed up at the service center a couple miles from my house.

My service appointment was today to have the issues addressed, unfortunately they did not have any loaners. Establishing a relationship with the sales/service folks is helpful in Tyson's as the service center is completely overrun. He took video of the damage that we taped off and rescheduled the appointment, assuring me he'd save keys to a loaner for the next appointment.

Don't get me wrong - the car is still awesome, just need to fix the Gung Ho production.
Tysons Corner service center is a disaster. Waiting for them to fix issues on my car that were reported back in February.

So my main issue with the refresh so far is that service has had it for a month now working on the post delivery issues.

Tesla still has my MXP that I took delivery of April 7th. I've taken no trips in it. Have less than 1000 miles (all due to driving to and from the service center twice). They asked me to store it while I was out of the country for two weeks and return it when I got back so they could continue.

Much of the car has been repainted 4 or 5 times and they're still repainting due to quality control issues. My rear hatch was repainted for no apparent reason. When I showed up to pick up the car to store it for 2 weeks, the rear badges were missing. SA said it was repainted but did not know why.

The front right a-pillar was repainted due to a factory defect but they did not paint the windshield side so it's all primered and oversprayed with almost no base coat and zero clear coat.

The rear bumper was also repaired and has massive monogramming from an aggressive rotary leveling. A third party looked at the rear bumper before I brought it back for them to continue and said it looked like it was a previous repair that was shrinking under the paint.

• Helpful
Reactions: aerodyne and bobusn
Does anyone notice under sunlight the dash shows as a reflection on the windshield? I picked up my model x last night and noticed it today. It bothers me. Clearly a design issue. Curious if anybody has a solution to it?
Yes! Noticed this on a MY test drive.... White interior! My X will arrive next year. Midnite Silver with Cream interior.
What I was thinking of trying is a dark, flat dash cover. Even some carbon fiber...

We have the cream interior, but the dash is black, as is the top part of the interior. We assumed the dash was black to reduce reflections. Is that not true for the white interior?

And we got a windshield screen right away for parking in the sun! So that the black dash doesn’t soak up our copious TX sun.

Last edited:
Was reparking my X refresh LR putting from reverse to drive on a steep driveway and felt a few jolts from rear followed by Rear motor disabled pull over immediately message. Unable to put it in drive its stuck indl the middle ofy steep driveway. Scroll wheel reset and power down didnt work. Will be calling roadside assistance tommorow morning I guess. Anyone else experience this?
So sorry to hear this! Please keep us updated! I’m sure Tesla will take care of you, but I’m sorry you had to go through this!

Yes! Noticed this on a MY test drive.... White interior! My X will arrive next year. Midnite Silver with Cream interior.
What I was thinking of trying is a dark, flat dash cover. Even some carbon fiber...
My Model Y is much better for glare reflection as the front dash speaker/vents grill does not take a large area. The reflection on the model X takes more than half of the windshield. If it's a problem for you for model Y ( not a problem for me at all ), then model X will be a bigger problem.

I tried with matte finish detailing product, which did not help. I also tried to use a black matte extended mouse pad, it worked! However, having a mouse pad in front of a 130k car just makes me feel disappointed. I assume painting the grill matte black will eliminate glare.

I tried with matte finish detailing product, which did not help. I also tried to use a black matte extended mouse pad, it worked! However, having a mouse pad in front of a 130k car just makes me feel disappointed. I assume painting the grill matte black will eliminate glare.
After flipping back and forth on Tesla's website, the X vs Y interior pictures, I can see why the Y's white dash layout could be seen on my test ride. The X's white dash is further down on the dash vs the Y's. So, as you say there is more to be seen on top of the X's dash to reflect on the windshield..