Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I already booked a service appointment. Let's see how goes.
ok updates: took the car to SC yesterday and after check they said the HW is fine. the SA told me the tech lead onsite had conversation with Fremont factory and they said there is a new FW update which should fix the issue. But they didn't give me a specific timeline on when the FW will be released. To me it's seems hard to believe. For those of you who took delivery lately, do you see similar issue of your FWD..?

My X started freaking out today with charge port door opening randomly. This was while parked at a couple of stores. Then the drivers door motor stopped working to open or close the door.

Did a full reboot and drove somewhere else, after I parked the door started working again but the charge port still opened again randomly.

Entering service mode there’s a lot of faults about left rear taillight faults so I’m assuming that’s related.

Scheduled mobile service but I’m sure they will be useless. I need to get to Charlotte and let them work on a bunch of stuff.

My X started freaking out today with charge port door opening randomly. This was while parked at a couple of stores. Then the drivers door motor stopped working to open or close the door.

Did a full reboot and drove somewhere else, after I parked the door started working again but the charge port still opened again randomly.

Entering service mode there’s a lot of faults about left rear taillight faults so I’m assuming that’s related.

Scheduled mobile service but I’m sure they will be useless. I need to get to Charlotte and let them work on a bunch of stuff.
Actually Mobile service is pretty good. As long as the vehicle does not have be lifted, they are good for most anything. Even full tire swaps (summer to winter for example) is a 30 minute job. The key thing is, that they know where stuff is, and they probably have done it before.

Reactions: Neewbs
Actually Mobile service is pretty good. As long as the vehicle does not have be lifted, they are good for most anything. Even full tire swaps (summer to winter for example) is a 30 minute job. The key thing is, that they know where stuff is, and they probably have done it before.
I think this is very YMMV based on your tech. I’ve had them out twice and both times they just check yeah we agree this an issue we will come
Back to fix it when we get parts and then the service team ends up changing the appointment to say I need to go to Charlotte. So far they’ve said they cannot work on broken speakers, broken 12v plugs, all alignment issues, and MCU issues.

Had same issue a few weeks ago. Charge port door would open randomly in my garage. Reboots did not fix it. Actually called service center and they remotely tried to see the issue and couldn't even see the open/close data. They ordered a new charge port door without a first visit.

48 hours later I received update 2022.20.8 and problem has been gone ever since. So have not had it replaced.

Reactions: ironwill96
Had same issue a few weeks ago. Charge port door would open randomly in my garage. Reboots did not fix it. Actually called service center and they remotely tried to see the issue and couldn't even see the open/close data. They ordered a new charge port door without a first visit.

48 hours later I received update 2022.20.8 and problem has been gone ever since. So have not had it replaced.
Good to know..early on they said my entire MCU needed replacing but then the first software update fixed the overheating issues and everything started working normally.

Reactions: golferguy
I think this is very YMMV based on your tech. I’ve had them out twice and both times they just check yeah we agree this an issue we will come
Back to fix it when we get parts and then the service team ends up changing the appointment to say I need to go to Charlotte. So far they’ve said they cannot work on broken speakers, broken 12v plugs, all alignment issues, and MCU issues.
Yes, all correct. Usually though, they figure that out before they roll to your location. They are not interested in wasting their time.

Reactions: ironwill96
Quick question— my summon doesn’t appear to work. Says vision temporarily degraded and then flashes unavailable multiple times. Forward and reverse work fine. Any tips? Is there any calibration necessary for summon?
Mine continually has done that since I received my X. I discovered that if I am in the within-range circle and have a good GPS signal on my phone I can hit the button anyway and it frequently works.
Sooo… not on par with what Summon was before the NHTSA *sugar*’d with it but it partly works. (Even if the current issue isn’t actually due to the removal of Summon music I still blame the NHTSA). 😜😤

Reactions: jkhanesq

We occasionally have a “ghost” in the charge port door. It doesn’t happen very often. Ironically it did it several times when we first took delivery, even still at the service center, but wasn’t a priority at the time. After the next software upgrade we didn’t see it for a long time. Now we occasionally see it again. Still quite infrequent.

Haven’t seen any of your other issues (knock on wood).

From I, robot (IMO a prescient and epic movie):
Alfred Lanning : [voiceover] There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code, that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul.

Reactions: MX100DM3P2017
We occasionally have a “ghost” in the charge port door. It doesn’t happen very often. Ironically it did it several times when we first took delivery, even still at the service center, but wasn’t a priority at the time. After the next software upgrade we didn’t see it for a long time. Now we occasionally see it again. Still quite infrequent.

Haven’t seen any of your other issues (knock on wood).
I had the phantom charge door issue for about a day after the last software update. No idea what made it stop. I've also noticed that the front door buttons (capacative touch) in the car are much less sensitive than they were before. Anyone else notice this?

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
Anybody else with a Plaid and the FSD beta stop getting OTA updates? I was given access to the beta a couple of months back now, and haven't received an OTA update since. Currently stuck on 2022.12.3. SC has also stated that is the expected version available for my VIN, so it's not a connectivity problem.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Minor issue I just noticed (and yes I need a car wash). See pic. When I open the door it’s just hanging loosely in there. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Think I should put in a service request?
This is the front passenger door.
C503995A-4480-4D72-B2BA-D232515DFCEF.jpeg