Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeking advice;
Our TMX Plaid has been in the shop for 29 days as of today for the dreaded 'Steering Assist Reduced - UI_a020' warning, which the technicians at my local SC and Fresno are unable to figure out a solution for. Love the car and really want to keep, but they don't know how much longer they're going to take in resolving this matter. With that being said, would it make sense for me to pursue lemon-law? In CA, 30 days in shop without fix can deem the vehicle a lemon.
Ideally, would love to receive a 'Replacement', as I can't imagine re-ordering at current pricing. Also, will the stuff which went into the car; i.e. ceramic coating, ceramic tints, tow hitch, etc. be refunded if I show proof?
It's been an agonizing 29 days, driving around in a loaner X100D with broken bumper (they literally marked it 'REPLACE' in white paint at the bottom of front bumper) and reduced range of approximately 220 miles with 80% charging. Other 2 Teslas in our stable are perfect in every way, and I was hoping for the same with the Plaid..

Reactions: BonB
Seeking advice;
Our TMX Plaid has been in the shop for 29 days as of today for the dreaded 'Steering Assist Reduced - UI_a020' warning, which the technicians at my local SC and Fresno are unable to figure out a solution for. Love the car and really want to keep, but they don't know how much longer they're going to take in resolving this matter. With that being said, would it make sense for me to pursue lemon-law? In CA, 30 days in shop without fix can deem the vehicle a lemon.
Ideally, would love to receive a 'Replacement', as I can't imagine re-ordering at current pricing. Also, will the stuff which went into the car; i.e. ceramic coating, ceramic tints, tow hitch, etc. be refunded if I show proof?
It's been an agonizing 29 days, driving around in a loaner X100D with broken bumper (they literally marked it 'REPLACE' in white paint at the bottom of front bumper) and reduced range of approximately 220 miles with 80% charging. Other 2 Teslas in our stable are perfect in every way, and I was hoping for the same with the Plaid..

Finally received some good/bad news from SC today. They called and shared that the steering rack requires replacing; BUT, they don't know how long it's going to take to resolve due to parts shortage. It may be several weeks before they receive the part... argh.

I've noticed the frequency of "advanced" updates has been a lot slower in August. In July there was an update once a week. August I can only remember one.
I track all my Tesla software updates on a spreadsheet and you are correct, only one update in August for my 2017 MX 100D and 2018 Performance M3. I purchased FSD for both but still have never received FSD Beta. For 2022 updates: Jan = 4; Feb = 3; Mar = 1; Apr = 5; May = 0; Jun = 3; Jul = 1; Aug = 1.

I track all my Tesla software updates on a spreadsheet and you are correct, only one update in August for my 2017 MX 100D and 2018 Performance M3. I purchased FSD for both but still have never received FSD Beta. For 2022 updates: Jan = 4; Feb = 3; Mar = 1; Apr = 5; May = 0; Jun = 3; Jul = 1; Aug = 1.
curious. When did you order FSD? I know I’ll have to wait a few weeks and get a safety score once I get my MX but I’m figuring not more than 2 months. Wishful thinking?

Reactions: aerodyne
I've been waiting for three months (so far), still no FSD Beta. My SS was 100 for weeks, now sitting at 99
Wow. I’d have thought you’d get it right away. Another Tesla promise…….for this we pay big bucks. They’ve got my money and earn interest on it for software…….big bucks when you add up people who ordered…

curious. When did you order FSD? I know I’ll have to wait a few weeks and get a safety score once I get my MX but I’m figuring not more than 2 months. Wishful thinking?
I ordered FSD for 2017 MX 100D within the 12-month new purchase window, August 2018. I ordered FSD for the 2018 Performance M3 on the original factory order. Performance M3 was delivered to me in September of 2018. So I have now been waiting over 4-years to receive FSD on two Teslas.

Anyone know if this gap between the white leather and dashboard piece can be fixed without having to take into the service center?
image0.jpeg

Seeking advice;
Thanks for your kind sharing. Did they Steering Assist Reduced error appear frequently/permanently or was it intermittent? Was this the only issue that led you to bring the Plaid to SC?

it's the most advanced car on the road today. getting my 2nd 2022 TMX delivered
Thanks for your kind sharing. Did they Steering Assist Reduced error appear frequently/permanently or was it intermittent? Was this the only issue that led you to bring the Plaid to SC?
It was intermittent. Car was taken in for 2 additional issues; misaligned FWD, and airbag recall. FWD alignment was corrected by a Tesla certified body shop, who performed an excellent job, and the airbag recall completed immediately. Still waiting on Tesla to figure out their supply chain issue with the back-ordered steering rack. Going on week 6 now without our Plaid...

Reactions: BonB
it's the most advanced car on the road today. getting my 2nd 2022 TMX delivered

It was intermittent. Car was taken in for 2 additional issues; misaligned FWD, and airbag recall. FWD alignment was corrected by a Tesla certified body shop, who performed an excellent job, and the airbag recall completed immediately. Still waiting on Tesla to figure out their supply chain issue with the back-ordered steering rack. Going on week 6 now without our Plaid...
Thanks for your kind sharing. Hope you get your Plaid back soon.

Anyone know if this gap between the white leather and dashboard piece can be fixed without having to take into the service center?View attachment 854459
I have the same issue.....the mobile service guy indicated it needed to be brought in. I have an in-house service call for several items; they are planning to look at this issue.

My in-house service will address...
1. FWD sensor cradle seems to be loose - mobile service taped temporarily. It manifested itself as random fake obstacles being detected and door not opening. After taping, the door worked well.
2. FWD red "close" button lights up, depresses but will not close the door. Mobile service replaced but still not fixed....likely a grounding issue upstream with wiring (according to mobile tech - WHO IS AWESOME).
3. After mobile service, a nearly constant 24-7 1kHz buzzing was heard. I recorded and measured with spectrum analyzer. They will problem solve this buzzing. Remote diagnostics did not reveal any issues. I am 42 yo, so, I am certain the young guys in Tesla service department will hear it better than me. haha
4. gaps in dash

Meta Tags = FWD sensor, FWD button, buzzing, sound, high pitched, fake obstacles, etc... :)

I have the same issue.....the mobile service guy indicated it needed to be brought in. I have an in-house service call for several items; they are planning to look at this issue.

My in-house service will address...
1. FWD sensor cradle seems to be loose - mobile service taped temporarily. It manifested itself as random fake obstacles being detected and door not opening. After taping, the door worked well.
2. FWD red "close" button lights up, depresses but will not close the door. Mobile service replaced but still not fixed....likely a grounding issue upstream with wiring (according to mobile tech - WHO IS AWESOME).
3. After mobile service, a nearly constant 24-7 1kHz buzzing was heard. I recorded and measured with spectrum analyzer. They will problem solve this buzzing. Remote diagnostics did not reveal any issues. I am 42 yo, so, I am certain the young guys in Tesla service department will hear it better than me. haha
4. gaps in dash

Meta Tags = FWD sensor, FWD button, buzzing, sound, high pitched, fake obstacles, etc... :)
Wow, posted this today and this video was posted with the buzzing sound:

Finally a bit of good news. After waiting 40 days, the part is arriving at our SC, and expected to return back home on Monday. This whole supply chain issue with their parts is seriously hurting their reputation... Still the best EV currently on the market, and I will continue to support the company's goals of putting more EV's on the road. :p

Wow, posted this today and this video was posted with the buzzing sound:
The most recent updates have been noted to result in high pitch loud whining/whistling sounds. Did you have software update during your mobile service?