Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless it is really bad, I'd be torn between factory original paint and body shop do over.
Picture not great, but very noticeable

Attachments

• 6F5B9259-879C-4578-99CD-00435C8B5658.jpeg
    6F5B9259-879C-4578-99CD-00435C8B5658.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 178
The most recent updates have been noted to result in high pitch loud whining/whistling sounds. Did you have software update during your mobile service?

They did not explicitly state an update, but I did update a few days before the service appointment. I could have just not noticed until after service appointment. THIS is very helpful - THANKS!!!

Reactions: BonB
What’s wrong with repainting it? I’ve never had an issue with repaint.
I've just never had a body shop paint repair be as good as factory original or as long lasting. They will need to prepare and paint the entire liftgate. For a blemish as small as that shown in your photo, I'm not sure I would want to take the chance. Besides I am pretty sure the repair will show up in the vehicle repair history.

As I said, I'm just not sure I would do it. But that certainly does not mean you shouldn't.

Reactions: bhzmark
What’s wrong with repainting it? I’ve never had an issue with repaint.
I’ve been dealing with similar issues on my tailgate (finger marks in the paint and a paint bubble underneath the spoiler). The approach to date has been to do “spot treatments” to resolve the issues. For the most part they are better, but certainly not 100%. The battle to get them to do it was exhausting. I’m hopeful your experience will be much more productive than mine.

I’ve been dealing with similar issues on my tailgate (finger marks in the paint and a paint bubble underneath the spoiler). The approach to date has been to do “spot treatments” to resolve the issues. For the most part they are better, but certainly not 100%. The battle to get them to do it was exhausting. I’m hopeful your experience will be much more productive than mine.
Thanks for the perspective. I tried to touch it up with no luck, but hopefully they can do better than me. I’ll let you all know how tomorrow goes.

Reactions: Neewbs
Hi All,

On my New X the puddle lights are very dim.
No Abstract Ocean upgrade available.

Neither of the red lights on the driver door or
passenger door are lighted when the doors
are opened and the headlights are on...

Do your red door lights light???

Thank You,

Shawn

The most recent updates have been noted to result in high pitch loud whining/whistling sounds. Did you have software update during your mobile service?

I am being prompted to update to 2022.28.2. The above references 2022.36.1. I do not have the buzzing. Should I wait for 2022.36.1?