Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P side FWD is acting up on opening, detecting phantom objects. Mobile service is coming on Friday. Probably one of the side facing sensors bonking out.
Thanks for sharing. Just curious, how did you specify for "mobile service" in the app? was it determined by the service center? I don't seem to see it many mobile services here in Oregon. Hope your FWD issue gets resolved soon.

FYI- center console lights not working properly, finally fixed. The lights would work backwards like other people here have seen. Maybe someone else posted this but here is the fix.

“Inspected vehicle and verified center console lighting was not operating properly when the console lid was open all the way. Replaced the center console assembly and found the lighting operation was the same. Further inspection found the incorrect microswitch was installed on the console assembly. Replaced microswitch and verified proper console lighting operation.”

So I waited 2 months for a new center console and that was not the issue. It was simply a micro switch.

I’m posting this in case anyone else is having issue with this and can send this text to their local SC.

Did it get resolved? My LH fwd is also detecting an object and giving me trouble. Some times sporadically it fixes itself but mostly giving me an issue. Were you getting the red line in the display panel?
taking it in on tuesday. service estimate says it's the sensor glued to the door skin panel.

What I did to start off was set up an appointment, and then start taking bug-report snapshots by long pressing on the lower left "car menu" and letting them know what date and time it was taken at. Eventually they got enough and found the issue.

Reactions: jkhanesq
Questions for folks with their cameras calibrated. When I drive out of my neighborhood (unmarked asphalt) and round any curves in the road where a car is parked on the curve, my car throws a frontal collision alert. Has anyone else experienced this?

I dropped Tesla Insurance since every time I left my neighborhood and my neighbor had his car parked on the street it was costing me about $4 in monthly premium.

• Funny
Reactions: strider
Questions for folks with their cameras calibrated. When I drive out of my neighborhood (unmarked asphalt) and round any curves in the road where a car is parked on the curve, my car throws a frontal collision alert. Has anyone else experienced this?

I dropped Tesla Insurance since every time I left my neighborhood and my neighbor had his car parked on the street it was costing me about $4 in monthly premium.
Yes it happens. It’s not an issue with the camera. You need to go a little slower and move over a bit more to avoid it.

And people think that FSD is coming "any day now" 🤣

Reactions: Neewbs and croman
My Q3 end-of-quarter push delivery has about 20 items on the list from paint defects to misalignments to broken/torn materials. Finally got to my appointment last Monday, about 6 weeks after delivery. They offered 3 weeks of uber credit. Not bad!

While the vehicle is in Service Mode, there's not much I could see in the app. But the app does allow me to check progress of each item which is great, as well as door open status, so I could get some idea what has been done and when they might be working on my vehicle. I saw some activities on the first two days, then it was dead quiet for 6 days. To be honest it’s not an easy wait. My inner self is shouting everyday I miss my Model X!

Given it’s holiday week here in the US, it's normal if the service center is running low on staff. Anyways I messaged them in the app trying to get some status, with the hope that if it takes a while waiting on some parts, maybe I can get the vehicle back until the parts are ready. There was no response for a day so I nudged them again today. Around 5pm, 2 hours before they close, I got a response saying they are working on it. Sure enough the apps now has doors open. Glad that they are working on my vehicle!

It’s now past 10pm, 3 hours past their closing time. The doors are still open, not the same doors though, and definitely not that they forgot to close them. I see more and more items on the list are being checked. Someone is working after hours!

Now I feel bad about that guy staying in the shop this late, not to mention it’s only two days before Thanksgiving. I’m equally worried if someone was required to work for extra hours, rushing to get things done. It also seems to me this service center is not well organized. It’s hard for me to imagine quality work if they don’t follow their own schedule.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I couldn't get your sound to play, but that is likely from the fan on the temperature sensor, and not from the MCU at all. (The MCU is actually liquid cooled and mounted on the firewall under the dash.)
Hi, I have almost the exact problem on my 2022 Model X. Did yours get fixed? I visited the Irvine service center, and they replaced the phone charger, but the noise still exists. I plan to bring it again soon with some more research, and some people say it might be a temperature sensor. Do you have any advice if you have already fixed yours?
Google Drive: Sign-in
I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but here is a video clip (turn the sound on) where you can hear the noise my MCU makes constantly. It sounds like a fan or buzzing noise. AC is not on, and it will make this noise even as the car is rebooting. Does anyone else have this sound?

Buzzing

Here's the video.
I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but here is a video clip (turn the sound on) where you can hear the noise my MCU makes constantly. It sounds like a fan or buzzing noise. AC is not on, and it will make this noise even as the car is rebooting. Does anyone else have this sound?

Hi, I have almost the exact problem on my 2022 Model X. Did yours get fixed? I visited the Irvine service center, and they replaced the phone charger, but the noise still exists. I plan to bring it again soon with some more research, and some people say it might be a temperature sensor. Do you have any advice if you have already fixed yours?

Please take a look at the footage: Video

Buzzing

Here's the video.

Please take a look at the footage: Video
Ok mine DEFINITELY does not do that

I picked up the X on Monday. Both falcon wings were working fine until this evening.

I tried to open both falcon wing doors, but I just get 3 beeps. The app doesn’t open the doors, nor does the touchscreen.

There are no obstacles anywhere near the car.

I tried the 2 scroll wheel reset and even powered off the car and started it up again. No luck.

The driver and front passenger doors are operating normally.

Has anyone had this issue?

Reactions: Jwalker9
taking it in on tuesday. service estimate says it's the sensor glued to the door skin panel.

What I did to start off was set up an appointment, and then start taking bug-report snapshots by long pressing on the lower left "car menu" and letting them know what date and time it was taken at. Eventually they got enough and found the issue.
Hey— mine has been sitting in the service center for a couple of days now. They can’t recreate the issue. Any thing I can tell them to look for? The service notes indicate that sensors are working as per design.

Wait so I just learned something. Bug report by a hidden menu long press of the car icon?