Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey— mine has been sitting in the service center for a couple of days now. They can’t recreate the issue. Any thing I can tell them to look for? The service notes indicate that sensors are working as per design.
Did you update your software recently? Mine seems to have gone away before my service appointment, the only thing that changed was I got off of the dreadful 2022.20 software. When I think about it it, The issue started with the 2022.20.18 and 2022.20.19 versions. 2022.36 seems to have fixed it. Very odd.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Did you update your software recently? Mine seems to have gone away before my service appointment, the only thing that changed was I got off of the dreadful 2022.20 software.
Yes recently updated to fsd beta. They actually changed sensors and are also recommending a full inside panel change in the future. Door does appear to be working fine. It was intermittent in the first place.

• Informative
Just looked up the procedures for replacing the rear screen since there are reports of an updated one. here are my findings:

1. should be doable in 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on your experience with working with car interiors
2. there's no new additional part, I don't know what the original part number was, but the current part number in the catalog is 1673461-00-E, which suggests it's drop in.

• Informative
Just looked up the procedures for replacing the rear screen since there are reports of an updated one. here are my findings:

1. should be doable in 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on your experience with working with car interiors
2. there's no new additional part, I don't know what the original part number was, but the current part number in the catalog is 1673461-00-E, which suggests it's drop in.
How do we get a part? Can we pay to have service install, or would this be DIY only?

Could you share the procedures please? I’m also interested.

Has anyone also noticed the Model X headlights do not cast uniform light? I’ve got my 2022 LR serviced for this issue but replaced ones are even worse, with the headlight on right side producing bright and dark spots on the road, which is quite distracting when driving in dark. I wonder if this is a common issue.

Attachments

• 0DC9CD18-19EE-457B-A523-0BE49FF40352.jpeg
    0DC9CD18-19EE-457B-A523-0BE49FF40352.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 151
Reactions: studioloft
My refresh X‘s front doors and falcon wing doors don’t detect any obstacles. I’m afraid they might just hit something if the one operating the door isn’t too vigilant.

This is my second X (I had a 2018 100D), so I am used to the doors detecting obstacles and adjusting their opening arc (falcon wing doors) or opening slightly (front doors).

Does anyone else have problems with the doors not detecting obstacles in their X refresh? I hope it’s only a software problem…

My frunk recently started needing two taps on open to actually open. First click pops it open, but the lock actuator doesnt actually unlock the frunk, so I need to press frunk button one more to unlatch the lock. Anyone else have this issue?
Mine does that most of the time.

Another intermittent issue I have, when I press the button on the Wall Connector to unlock it so it can be removed from the charge port, it acts like I clicked it twice and quickly unlocks and then relocks the port.

Reactions: TJPDX
My frunk recently started needing two taps on open to actually open. First click pops it open, but the lock actuator doesnt actually unlock the frunk, so I need to press frunk button one more to unlatch the lock. Anyone else have this issue?
This was a common issue when my S refresh came out. There are two latches and the second one is defective. They'll fix it pretty quick and easy. Took about an hour.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and TJPDX