TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X refresh timing

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DHG., May 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DHG.

DHG. Member

My wife and I are considering buying our second Tesla in 6 months. We have our sights set on a inventory Model X. I had two questions.

When did the first people take delivery of the Model X? 2015 or 2016 and what month?

The back bumper of the Model X conforms to the older style of the Model S rather then the new all painted bumper which the Model S and Model 3 have. Also the side skirts on the Model S and 3 are painted the Model X is still plastic. What the speculation on a refresh on the Model X?

2. ab26

ab26 Member

First deliveries happened fourth quarter of 2015. However for all practical purposes, it was beginning of 2016 that most pre-orders got fulfilled.

I don't expect any major refresh of Model X in the near future. It took Model S around 3 years for a refresh, so going by that, we shouldn't have a major refresh before early 2019.

3. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Realistically, the only refresh that matters is AP2.

Since Model 3 comes with AP2, its going to be awhile because they try to replace AP2 with something else.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I am glad you used the word "speculation", because no one outside of Tesla knows when changes will be introduced.

In regards to the exterior styling of the X, I doubt very much that there will be any significant changes for at least two more years.Mass production did not start until mid-2016 even though the very first deliveries were in late 2015.

5. alloverx

alloverx Member

With X sales "lower than expected" its a good question if a refresh would boost sales or be a bad investment of $$$

6. by74

by74 Member

I don't expect a big refresh any time soon either. The biggest refresh that I can think of in the near future is probably the new battery cell. Or maybe an interior refresh which takes the minimalist dash design from 3 to s/x

7. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

man, painting that hideous black plastic all along the bottom of the car would be an awesome minor refresh! :)

i'm getting quotes of have a set of all painted plastic parts done for me. this way at the end of my lease i can just swap in the black plastic again...

teslamodelx with painted plastic.jpg

looks fantastic!