Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Reservation for sale, VIN assigned and ready for pickup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
851BD353-76A5-46CA-9EBA-328CA9AD43C9.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Gotta love these new members coming on and trying to make a quick buck or 20k. Being a Tesla fanatic and not wanting cars to go to inventory so that someone else can benefit (albeit for a slight profit) is one thing. Trying to gouge people like this is another thing, and I’ll betcha anything the “new member” isn’t a contributor to the community after they print their mint on this.

I'm a Tesla owner since three years ago. Registered for an X and then changed my mind to a Y, but who knew the wait is gonna suddenly become multiple months. I have to pay almost the same for buying someone else's Y registration, the raise Y price aside. I'm not trying to make profit out of it.

• Disagree
Split the difference.

It’s a bit of work for both sides and more risk for the buyer than seller that something goes wrong.

What happens if you reject the car?
What happens if buyer payment bounces? (My ACH went through 3 days after pickup)
What if repairs need to be done?

Lots can go wrong and seller just wants to take it all. Initial proposal says a lot.

I just did this this on a Model S.

There is advantages for buyers to wait. Less Model X QA ramp up issues and new headlights.

Split the difference.

It’s a bit of work for both sides and more risk for the buyer than seller that something goes wrong.

What happens if you reject the car?
What happens if buyer payment bounces? (My ACH went through 3 days after pickup)
What if repairs need to be done?

Lots can go wrong and seller just wants to take it all. Initial proposal says a lot.

I just did this this on a Model S.

There is advantages for buyers to wait. Less Model X QA ramp up issues and new headlights.
I agree that there is risk in reservation transfer. But in this case that the car is ready to be picked up, I can go to the Tesla shop with the buyer and make sure everything goes smoothly.