TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X reservation number inquiry...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Ocelot, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Ocelot

Ocelot Member

Hi there,
    I reserved my Model X on April 22, 2012. Unfortunately it wound up in the US pile, and I had reservation number 905. After a while (part my fault to realize error, and part Tesla in delays getting back to me ) I finally got a new number today for Canada, that being number 74. I am just wondering if they 'backdated' it to my original date, or just put my in line. When I asked this question, it seems they might of put me in a cancelled slot? Any one reserve in April? Mind sharing your number? thanks.

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Hard to say. The Model X Tally is only showing P55 from May 22, 2012. Obviously not too many Canadians have posted their numbers.

3. Ocelot

Ocelot Member

thanks doug. I did browse that thread and must of missed that one. what does the P stand for? I presume (if the P does not stand for anything special, then I would of been around 40-50?

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

S is Signature, P is general Production (everything that comes after Signature).

5. Local host

Local host Member

I am P15 and reserved shortly after the X reveal. Not sure if that helps or not.

6. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

The OPs concern seems to be if he will experience a delivery delay at P-74. If he had noted the error sooner, he might have got a number between 40 and 70?

Well IMO no big deal since Model X production ramp up can be expected to go much smoother and faster than Model S. In 2014, Tesla has factory running at full speed, well established supplier chain, and far more experience with homologation processes in other markets. 30 positions in Model X P queue are likely to make a few days of difference.

7. znino

znino Member

I have P20