TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Reset Techniques

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ohmman, Apr 29, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. azbob

azbob Member

I live in Phoenix which has very hot summers. Will take one long road trip towing airstream to escape hot Phoenix summer (2,000 - 3,000 miles) per year.

Total estimated mileage will be 12,000 miles/yr
    Total Towing mileage 3,000 (2/3's will be supercharger, 1/3 RV parks and destination charging)
    Non-Towing mileage 9,000 (Supercharging 50% home 50%)

I am assuming Towing range is 50% of Model X range.

Will keep this car 4 to 5 years then buy another new Tesla. So I am thinking the 5 seater Model X D90 with free SC will have higher resale vs 5 seater 100D no free SC).

• Like x 1
  2. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I have answered your question in the other thread where you asked it.

3. azbob

azbob Member

Yes, Thank you.

4. mmanner

mmanner Member

Hi, does this method also work for Model S, or just X?
    Thanks
    Mark

5. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

My passenger FWD is permanently displaying gray obstacle irrespective of the location after 8.1 update. I tried the first listed reset technique to no avail. I wanted to do a full reset now, but I can not find access panel on the frunk. Where exactly is it? Thanks!

6. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

Before doing that, and please excuse the obvious question, but have you checked the new FWD setting to make sure it is not in Low mode?
    A constant phantom obstacle can likely be a sensor in the door that has come loose. There are a number of reports on the forum of this. It's an easy SC fix.

7. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

I have checked everything I could. Today, I actually notice that BOTH passenger doors behave abnormally, FWD and front door. Not sure if they have separate sensors, but front door also opens just slightly when handle is pressed. I sent videos to my SA.

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Supporting Member

Front doors rely on the FWD sensors, so likely the same problem (and fix).

• Like x 1
  9. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I had my car in about 10 days ago for the annual service, detail, and rumbling. They also swapped out my latches even though I didn't have any problems with it. Luckily, they fixed the rumbling issue but introduced a more significant problem. Since I picked up my car, I had problems with the passenger door. I am disappointed that they failed to check this before returning the car to me.

Occasionally when I switch into drive/reverse, the car tells me the passenger door is open. While the door is closed, it fails to make the latching sound and move the window upwards. This unfortunately results in a beeping noise while driving, requiring me to manually close the door or pull the interior handle slightly while the door is fully closed and it will latch. This also results in my car being unlocked at time with the AC running. NOT SAFE, especially when parked at the mall, etc...

Is this something I can fix myself?? Or do I have to take it in, yet again???

By the way @ohmman, you are on GOOGLE!

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 8.37.24 PM.png

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 1
  10. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

• Funny x 3
  11. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

It's the shifty eyes that really made it real o_O

12. K-MTG

The issue is getting worse, now my car alarm goes off because it thinks the door opened (the car just randomly lowers the glass).

13. ohmman

Have you taken it in to service? You need to do so.

14. K-MTG

I thought this would be like a 5-minute job since the issue started occurring after I previously picked up my car after they replaced the latches so I didn't assume it would be hardware related and I can fix it myself....

15. ohmman

My guess is that they put in a bad latch, and it needs replacing.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  16. K-MTG

How far does your window go down when you open the door? For my drivers door it goes down 3/4 inch below the rubber seal and goes back up when you close the door. For my passenger door it lines up with the rubber seal and barley goes back up.

17. azbob

azbob Member

Ohmman, I have some questions about towing an Airstream. Could you please call me? Thanks, Bob Cohen 925-595-1991

18. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Heading out on a roadtrip in the near future and thought this first post should go in my glove box. The first post (PDF for ease of some to print) is attached.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  19. Import_motors

Import_motors New Member

You know how the frunk latch position resets?mine when I press on the screen to open (I can hear the motors)but is not opening

20. P90D

P90D Member

Invaluable -- the "bump" window calibration (light tap with palm as window auto closes ... 4 repetitions) saved me today. I owe you a beer.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.