TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X Reveal Not Likely at Detroit Auto Show

Discussion in 'News' started by SteveG3, Jan 13, 2014.

1. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

Article mentions Elon is not at the show... unless there's a bit of gamesmanship going on, looks like we'll have to wait for a Model X reveal. Does not look like any change in launch timing.

Better than average reporting, comments from Jerome Guillen and Diarmuid O'Connell.

Detroit auto show: Tesla and GM in race for an affordable electric car | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I think Tesla may have something up their sleeve on what we expect the X to be that will be well worth waiting to see.

2. 772

772 Member

To be fair, it says Elon is not "expected" to be there. I'm not expecting Model X either, but a couple comments around the forum suggest it could still be a surprise.

Also, after reading the comments from auto industry execs in the Automotive News article, Reuss' comments are strikingly different. That's a good sign for EV supporters.

3. SebastianR

SebastianR Member

Yep. And still it ends on:

I'm always baffled by these kinds of statements: "Just because water hasn't started freezing when it gradually got colder all the way down from the 90s why would it freeze now that we will hit the 20s?"

All breakthrough technology that gets incrementally better is always worse than the status quo, until one day suddenly it isn't. Costs of batteries are coming down, costs of ICE technology stay pretty stable. It doesn't really take a genius to figure out that one day batteries will be in every car provided costs continue to drop like the did over the past 10 years.

4. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Elon has been secretly traveling across country only at night in the X using SC's and will pull into the auto show with it covered in road grime and make the announcement. OK, I just made that up but it would be cool :cool:

5. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

great mental picture