Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Right hand drive production watch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your anything like me you will likely be looking every day for news on the start of the right hand drive model X production. In some respect its the knowledge that actual production has started even if mine isn't scheduled. As the Uk had the first opportunity to order a right hand drive X,s other than the signature orders. It's my hope that we should be hearing soon that production has started. Please report if you obtain a vin and are advised that your car is going into production. I have to say I thought production would have started by now if the December deliveries are to meet their targets.

Good idea! We already know delivery from the factory takes 8 weeks any ideas how long it actually takes to manufacture, will this be days or weeks?? Let's say 2/3 weeks which would already take us into December so the start of production cannot be many days away ?

I asked the tesla sales guys at Crawley on the phone last week and they said if takes about 3 months from start of production to delivery for a model S in uk so unless production starts before the end of the month. I doubt they will be meeting the delivery schedules they have suggested that worries me.

Ok I made contacxt with my DS as its a over a month since our last chat. The expected RHD production is scheduled for October with the first orders ie signatures and I guess early orders is in his words very,very,very late December. So as per my previous posts hopefully we will be able to confirm this in the next few weeks when some of the owners with UK orders confirm there cars are scheduled for production. With a general delivery time from start to finish of about 3 months. So if we don't hear anything in October I will have to assume that its likely that all delivery slots will likely slip. Lets hope with the ramped up production we hear early in October production has started. As allways please let us know if your advised your X is scheduled for production.

Historically Tesla have fulfilled new model orders "highest price first", which makes sense to balance their books. Maybe the backlog has cleared already, but if not my guess is that RHD models will arrive "fully loaded" first and basic-spec last.

I wouldn't really worry too much about orders. If productions starts on time then its reasonable to expect all the UK orders to be forfilled in the timescale suggested on the website/orders. My only concern would be for orders with 5 seats and I still havnt heard of any 5 seat configurations being built or supplied in the USA. only other issue I had heard of that could cause a delay was the white seat version caused by supply issues but that was info I was told about by my DS but that info is a month old and may now have been sorted.

image.png
I look every day to see if my vin has been designated after my sequence number of 112. There is a UK customer who has had a vin issued already

Hi I've had my original order in since 2014, I changed the final order to a p100d when they was launched, I was issues the vin at the end of October and I've been told due to testing and quality refinements it delaying entering production.
From entering production it's 12 weeks total to local delivery. Today 15th of November and still not started production.
Currently I think I'm looking at a march delivery. The frustration is not the delay but the total lack of information. Even Tesla UK staff are in the dark. One thing worse than bad news is no news.

The frustration is not the delay but the total lack of information. Even Tesla UK staff are in the dark. One thing worse than bad news is no news.

Same issues I had with the 85D that had 2 very public delays and took 10/11 months to arrive from ordering. Only advice is: don't make any plans around their delivery estimates. The engineers are still probably figuring out how to re-arrange the wiring for the RHD version...

I had confirmation on Tuesday from my DS that my build date had slipped from the 5th December to the 19th December. Projected delivery 3rd week on February. I think that from what appeared to be a fast start to right hand drive there has been a small delay hence a lot of dates are moving. I guess more frustration for us all desperate to know our cars are produced and on the way.

Ordered 90D x on 1st Nov in Birmingham store and was told i had probably 2 weeks to order to ensure delivery was within March. Currently waiting for the rhd X they took delivery of last week to be "commissioned" so i can drive it home to see if it will fit in my garage (so i can sort out charger location). They told me today this could take a couple of weeks... Nothing on my tesla page, it aint changed since order..:(