TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Road Trips

Discussion in 'Model X' started by xkwizit, Jun 24, 2016.

1. gigawatt1010

gigawatt1010 Member

I just spent a better part of an hour going through this thread. Awesome trips! I especially liked the Airstreams being towed by a MX.

Family and I have done several road trips on our MS. NY - Key West being the longest we've done to date. We're excited to road trip in our newly acquired MX100D with free unlimited supercharging. We're planning an NY - West Coast trip this summer, with a planned visit to Fremont factory.

For those that's done the Fremont Factory tour, does Tesla still offer that? Do we have to book in advance? Thanks, and i'm hoping to post/document our big coast to coast trip this summer.

• Like x 1
  2. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Did a 3800km, 8 day, road trip with my son last month. Perth, Western Australia to Karratha in the Pilbara region. Stopped at a mates place in Carnarvon for a couple of days of 50BMG fun at his station ellavalla.com.au

[​IMG]

Starts with pics at my Twitter here: Jays on Twitter

• Like x 1
  3. Megatr0n

Megatr0n Member

We are doing a road trip for thr 4th of July up to Big Sur for camping and then up to San Francisco in our 2019 MX100! Can anyone make recommendations for iPad mounts for the kids? I've scoured the internet and haven't really found much. I'm surprised there isn't anything specifically designed for the MX head rests. I'll be sure to post pictures and details of our trip.

4. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Mount the ipad in the frunk and make the kids play I-spy or sleep.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. tnots

tnots Member

Just completed our first roadtrip in the X, really great experience and the supercharger network is unreal. However, during charging on the way home, we had a 'fellow tesla owner' (as they introduced themselves) come up to my family and tell me that my kids should not be in the car while charging with a supercharger as the EMF rays are harming their young brain development......so that was, nice?

6. LukeClayton

LukeClayton New Member

• Like x 2
  7. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Just finished Maine to Toronto to Rochester and back, about 1750 miles, in the 2016 Model X with version 9.19.20.2.1. Often stopped at a closer SC than Nav recommended instead of waiting for more charge past the taper point of 60%. Jealous of the newer cars with their higher power charging—my 90 maxes out at 92-94%. Still have hope the media bluetooth experience will improve and Nav gets waypoints but otherwise easy and fun and comfortable to drive.
    Not our first trip in this car. ME to TX, Newfoundland, Montreal, and Quebec city. AP1 has improved. Maps are better. Media is still not great. So many more Teslas on the road!

8. BM3B

BM3B Member

I bought these and they work great in the X

Backseat Organizer with Tablet... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071GJXWFC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

9. Vten

Vten Member

Just finished a trip from Columbus ohio to Toronto canada with a brand new 2019 mX performance w/ludi option. It was a blast! Love this car. The trip was a little longer than what we expected due to the charging stops but we like it. It gives us time to rest up :) Autopilot was AMAZING!

10. DCGOO

DCGOO Active Member

Left Disney/Orlando for Indianapolis. Had been driving for about 12 hours and found ourselves in Cookeville, TN. “WTH, it is only 300 more miles, less just keep going!” Kind of a late arrival, but made it fine. A couple of old retired folks, never in our wildest imagination would we have planned it that way.