Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back to DFW from Houston via way of Temple! It’s amazing what changing from a crosswind to a tailwind will do for you!

Word to the wise, Temple Buc-ee’s is a freakin’ zoo on a Sunday afternoon. Approach with caution!

165C185A-EF7D-4C89-A26B-941DBB52BD93.jpeg

Yes, you will likely need aftermarket control arms because the factory system has virtually zero adjustment. It is an eccentric bolt and washer combination and firestone actually showed me in their computer where the model X is listed as zero adjustment possible on the rear end. They also refused to do it even though I already have aftermarket arms. Scared little bunny rabbits.

Once you have aftermarket control arms, anything is possible. Because they’re actually adjustable.

Also, if you want anything done right, stay far away from the service centers. They are only going to put it back to excessive negative camber on the rear because that’s the factory set up, the one that eats tires. If you want us to run square and straight, you are going to have to find a performance shop that actually knows what they are doing.

Can someone recommend a way to use a roof box on the MX? Obviously with the doors it won’t work, but I was thinking maybe something with the trailer hook?
You're probably better off just getting a wheeled trailer, especially given the 120 pound vertical weight limit. The box combined with the hitch mount would probably get close to that limit anyway. It's absurdly low especially given that you don't have a real roof option.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Definitely get a wheeled trailer - that way you can take it off at the chargers. His review of "just stretch the cord" is hilarious, considering I have experienced EVERY ONE of the chargers having a damn signpost right in the middle of the parking slot and close to the curb. Some also have those parking bumpers too far out which also complicates backing in, and that box ABSOLUTELY would hit every one of the signs to get close enough to the cable.

My family and I just bought a used Model X Long Range Plus Technically 2021, but produced December of 2020.

We took a road trip from Denver, CO to Dallas, TX. 795 miles each way, but we ran the AC non-stop (heat wave in TX right now).

Saw friends in Fort Worth, TX... ALL-IN round trip was 2,331 miles. All supercharging cost about $302.66 ~850kWh

We stopped for charging about 5 times on the way down:
Limon, CO; Lamar, CO; Amarillo, TX: Childress, TX: Henrietta, TX

On the way back to Colorado we stopped 7 times (navigation acted funny):
Henrietta, TX; Quanah, TX; Amarillo, TX, Clayton, NM; Trinidad, CO; Pueblo, CO

I didn't understand why the routes varied so much on the return trip. 7 times was too many to stop on that drive. Over all really smooth ride. Autopilot was handy.

Attachments

• 20230706_202758.jpg
    20230706_202758.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 124
My family and I just bought a used Model X Long Range Plus Technically 2021, but produced December of 2020.

We took a road trip from Denver, CO to Dallas, TX. 795 miles each way, but we ran the AC non-stop (heat wave in TX right now).

Saw friends in Fort Worth, TX... ALL-IN round trip was 2,331 miles. All supercharging cost about $302.66 ~850kWh

We stopped for charging about 5 times on the way down:
Limon, CO; Lamar, CO; Amarillo, TX: Childress, TX: Henrietta, TX

On the way back to Colorado we stopped 7 times (navigation acted funny):
Henrietta, TX; Quanah, TX; Amarillo, TX, Clayton, NM; Trinidad, CO; Pueblo, CO

I didn't understand why the routes varied so much on the return trip. 7 times was too many to stop on that drive. Over all really smooth ride. Autopilot was handy.
On long trip I always use A Better Route Planner. Give a lot more flexibility. The in car charging algorithm tends to be very conservative which means more stops.

Plan your trip with ABRP, then insert the next SC as your destination.

• Helpful
Reactions: mek80010
Model X Long Range Plus Technically 2021, but produced December of 2020. The trip down had 4 stops, all V3 superchargers. Fewer than the drive five months ago (posted above). Denver to Fort Worth ~750 miles

Stop #1: Drove for 2 hours 46 minutes to Lamar, CO (supercharger); arrived to station with 12-13% battery. Charged up to 100%, took 1 hour 15 minutes to charge.

Stop # 2: Drove for 3 hours 34 minutes to Amarillo, TX (supercharger); arrived to station with 6% battery. Charged up to 67%, took 37 minutes to charge.

Stop #3: Drove for 2 hours 40 minutes to Quanah, TX (supercharger); arrived to station with 10% battery. Charged to 86%, took 46 minutes to charge.

Stop #4: Drove for 2 hours 16 minutes to Henrietta, TX (supercharger); arrived to station with 43% battery. Charged up to 94%, took 39 minutes to charge.

Stop #5: Destination. Drove for 2 hours 30 minutes to Fort Worth, TX (destination; arrived to destination with 50% battery.

Estimated Driving Time: 13 hours 46 minutes
Estimated Charging Time: 3 hours 17 minutes
Estimated Trip Time: 17 hours 3 minutes

Last edited:
Reactions: TrevTremaine
The trip down had 4 stops. Fewer than the drive five months ago.

Stop #1: Drove for 2 hours 46 minutes to Lamar CO (supercharger); arrived to station with 12-13% battery. Charged up to 100%, took 1 hour 15 minutes to charge.

Stop # 2: Drove for 3 hours 34 minutes to Amarillo, TX (supercharger); arrived to station with 6% battery. Charged up to 67%, took 37 minutes to charge.

Stop #3: Drove for 2 hours 40 minutes to Quanah, TX (supercharger); arrived to station with 10% battery. Charged to 86%, took 46 minutes to charge.

Stop #4: Drove for 2 hours 16 minutes to Henrietta, TX (supercharger); arrived to station with 43% battery. Charged up to 94%, took 39 minutes to charge.

Stop #5: Destination. Drove for 2 hours 30 minutes to Fort Worth, TX (destination; arrived to destination with 50% battery.

Estimated Driving Time: 13 hours 46 minutes
Estimated Charging Time: 3 hours 17 minutes
Estimated Trip Time: 17 hours 3 minutes
It would help if you included the model year of your X, and whether the Supercharger was a V2 or V3 (150kW or 250kW). I've found that on a 700 mile trip to Kansas we take a few times a year, in my 2022 X, we can make it with three stops instead of four, reducing the total trip time by an hour and a half, compared to our 2018 X. We do try to stop only at V3 Superchargers.

Reactions: mek80010