Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the features I love is the Model X windshield. I love the panoramic view of outside, but worry about the interior heat.

How much does the mid-day sun affect the interior temperature? If so, what does a Model X owner do to offset besides lower interior temperature control and the supershade?

Particularly interested to hear the experiences of families of 4 to 5 people.

Thank you!

sorry put this thread in the wrong section. Feel free to delete this thread in this section.
I have 14,000 miles on my X with several 1K trips and have found that the windshield has far less effect than I thought it would. The top half is heavily tinted. I did receive the super shade and have used it once while driving into a setting sun and it help a little. Bottomline, no problemo! Love the X!:)

Reactions: vrykolas
My shade is safely tucked away in the frunk, unused. We live in an area that often sees 100+ F temps in the summer and I have never experienced issues through the windshield. I think the front windows are far more the bigger issue during some orientations with the sun.