TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X - roadtrips

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by originalsalt, Dec 6, 2016.

1. originalsalt

originalsalt Member

One of the features I love is the Model X windshield. I love the panoramic view of outside, but worry about the interior heat.

How much does the mid-day sun affect the interior temperature? If so, what does a Model X owner do to offset besides lower interior temperature control and the supershade?

Particularly interested to hear the experiences of families of 4 to 5 people.

Thank you!

2. originalsalt

originalsalt Member

sorry put this thread in the wrong section. Feel free to delete this thread in this section.

3. RichardL

RichardL Member

It doesn't seem to be an issue. I did a road trip to Palm Springs with 6 people and the temperature within the X was never a problem. It was 95+ outside.

• Informative x 1
  4. napabill

napabill Active Member

I have 14,000 miles on my X with several 1K trips and have found that the windshield has far less effect than I thought it would. The top half is heavily tinted. I did receive the super shade and have used it once while driving into a setting sun and it help a little. Bottomline, no problemo! Love the X!:)

• Like x 1
  5. originalsalt

originalsalt Member

Thank you for your replies!

6. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

My shade is safely tucked away in the frunk, unused. We live in an area that often sees 100+ F temps in the summer and I have never experienced issues through the windshield. I think the front windows are far more the bigger issue during some orientations with the sun.

7. originalsalt

originalsalt Member

8. ethank

ethank Member

The latest update dynamically adjusts the climate based on sun angle, and I found this works really well when the sun rises up and shines directly in.

9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Sorry but can't tell if you are serious or not, if by "climate" you mean the vehicle cabin temperature as opposed to the "earths climate".