Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Rubber Mats Issue for 6 Seater cargo area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys
So I got a full set of mats for my model x and I don't know which matts to use for the cargo section. I have the option to use the full size mat but not be able to use the third row. Or I can use the smaller mat and be able to use the third row.

I would like to have something to protect the padding on the rear seats and be able to use the third seats. How would solve this issue. The full size mats are to heavy to be constantly be removed just to use the third row.

Any opinion is appreciated

I have attached some pictures to show you my problem.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170221_051720396_iOS.jpg
    20170221_051720396_iOS.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_5112.JPG
    IMG_5112.JPG
    483.5 KB · Views: 136
I understand your dilemma. Some have gone with Toughpro(?) mats that have each section seperate so the mats stick to the back of the seats and fold up/down however I often carry wet stuff in the back of the vehicle so I need something that will catch snow melt better. I plan to use the front two rows most of the time so the odd times I use the third row I'll remove the mat.

I understand your dilemma. Some have gone with Toughpro(?) mats that have each section seperate so the mats stick to the back of the seats and fold up/down however I often carry wet stuff in the back of the vehicle so I need something that will catch snow melt better. I plan to use the front two rows most of the time so the odd times I use the third row I'll remove the mat.

I wasn't aware tough Pro had a set. Just in case, I know Topfit has back sets:
Amazon.com: Topfit 3rd Row Back Seat Protector Mat For Tesla Model X(2 of Set, Black) (7 seat): Automotive

They attach to the back and allow you to use the seats in a folded position.

They're a vinyl/semi rubbery texture. They don't offer the edge protection though. But might be a good option to use your existing small one and get these (or toughpro if they make them) for the seat backs.

Amazon.com: Topfit 3rd Row Back Seat Protector Mat For Tesla Model X(2 of Set, Black) (7 seat): Automotive

They're a vinyl/semi rubbery texture. They don't offer the edge protection though. But might be a good option to use your existing small one and get these (or toughpro if they make them) for the seat backs.
Those are the ones I was thinking of... Topfit - not Tough Pro. Hard to keep them all straight. I ended up ordering the Tesla front mats and decided to wait until the rest of the latest Tesla mats are available and just live with the back OEM mats until next winter.

On second thought I really will need a mat for the trunk area... will find something

Those are the ones I was thinking of... Topfit - not Tough Pro. Hard to keep them all straight. I ended up ordering the Tesla front mats and decided to wait until the rest of the latest Tesla mats are available and just live with the back OEM mats until next winter.

On second thought I really will need a mat for the trunk area... will find something

I know exactly how you feel. I had ordered the entire topfit set, but wasn't happy with it. Ended up ordering the full Tesla set, but went with the 3rd row up option + topfit backs. Looks a little odd, but itll have to do until (hopefully) Tesla releases something similiar.

I know exactly how you feel. I had ordered the entire topfit set, but wasn't happy with it. Ended up ordering the full Tesla set, but went with the 3rd row up option + topfit backs. Looks a little odd, but itll have to do until (hopefully) Tesla releases something similiar.
What did you not like about the topfit set? I just ordered the entire topfit set but haven't gotten them delivered yet.

What did you not like about the topfit set? I just ordered the entire topfit set but haven't gotten them delivered yet.

I do want to note that their customer service was great. They worked with me to sort everything out.

The mats themselves were good quality and they looked much better in person.

Unfortunately for me, the mats did not fit as well as I would have liked.

Thanks This is exactly what i was looking for. It does look odd but at least it protects the cargo space. I am going to order this. I returned my though pro set and went with the a set of OEM Mats. They have the lips on the edges which will keep the dirt inside the mats.

I tried to order the Topfits but they are taken off by amazon. Do you know where I can get these>

Thanks

Had the TopFit ones and were fine but very hard to clean salt/mud, etc. For the 1st row the Tesla/WT ones are far superior, and for 2nd row they are as well and cal be cleaned easily without removing even. Not option for TopFit with those little hexagons. For the 3rd you could live with either but the WT/Tesla ones again will be easier to clean and it is more solid/less flexible.