Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X run wires thru firewall problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone successfully run wires thru the firewall of 2018 Model X? I have removed the glove box and still unable see any factory wiring going thru firewall to the frunk. Anyone have any ideas? I am okay to drill my own hole but not sure what on the other side. I need photos if anyone done this before.

I want to add a front license plate camera to watch parking obstacles, so I need to know this as well. I haven't looked yet, but pull the carpet away from beneath steering column. This is where I found most firewall penetrations on my last car.

Does it apply to what year of Model X? Do you have any photos? No luck on the passenger side below the dashboard.
The frunk fuse side I am not able to get below there to see any wires coming thru from inside below driver side.
I found another way instead of the firewall. I ran them from the frunk, through some panels on the driver side. Then down the a-pillar and into the vehicle through the “door wiring” harness.

I found the hole by outside door wiring harness. The hole is big enough for about 10 of 16gauge wires. I also found underneath the center wiper motor in the frunk, I found 2 of 8 gauge orange factory heater wiring thru the center of the vehicle. I poke a hole for 4 gauge wire for my subwoofer amplifier thru this gorment hole.

I found the hole by outside door wiring harness. The hole is big enough for about 10 of 16gauge wires. I also found underneath the center wiper motor in the frunk, I found 2 of 8 gauge orange factory heater wiring thru the center of the vehicle. I poke a hole for 4 gauge wire for my subwoofer amplifier thru this gorment hole.
hey by chance do you have photos of this?