Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X/S hands free smart trunk and Model S power lift gate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far, just 3 people including myself who are interested. Doesn't look like we will be hitting the 10 order minimum anytime soon. I had my hands full a few times today and wished I had that the kick sensor already.
When “Hey Siri open my trunk” works then I don’t think many people care to be honest. Automatic trunk on Model 3 would be very useful, as well as Automatic Frunk on S/3/X.

Reactions: dragonxt
An automated hatch on my Model S would be handy sometimes, but we're belt tightening right now. My business took a hit thanks to the trade war and non-essential expenditures are out of the budget for the time being.

I just did a test. In all cases the car was locked (P,R,N,D). In that case the trunk would not open with the press of the outside button. If the car was unlocked and in neutral it would open.

So it seems to boil down to the car being locked or not. Since the car self locks almost immediately I think that the integration with the canbus/diagnostic is overkill. I simple parallel switch on the same circuit as the physical switch seems adequate to me.

But when car was locked and you are coming from trunk side, car suppose recognized that you have a key, unlocking car and .... only need wireless connection for sensor. I have time to thinking how to do it.

Reactions: aesculus