Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X/S Vancouver/Canada WANTED

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI: There are new increased luxury tax rates coming into effect on new and used cars in British Columbia. This has caused a major flurry of activity to get delivered before April 1.

The 20% - 25% total tax coming into effect on April 1 which applies to both new and used in some cases. If you buy privately 5% GST is not applicable, but will be subject to the PST which can be from 7% to 20%.

You also might want to check Autoform: Autoform

Thanks. Had a similar flurry in the UK last year with a % tax rate on new luxury cars, but not used if I recall.

I have seen a couple of lease take over offers online, used and inventory on the main Tesla sites are few which makes sense now.

Is there any issue buying in the US and then taking the car to Canada. Sorry newbie question but need to ask.

Thanks. Had a similar flurry in the UK last year with a % tax rate on new luxury cars, but not used if I recall.

I have seen a couple of lease take over offers online, used and inventory on the main Tesla sites are few which makes sense now.

Is there any issue buying in the US and then taking the car to Canada. Sorry newbie question but need to ask.
Sorry should have mentioned. Tesla will not support importing the Model S and X into Canada. Only some roadsters are allowed.

Thanks Paul that it is what I have read also, but worth doubling down and finding out.

There are a few Tesla for sale, but naturally a lease take over or via Tesla direct is seemingly more beneficial, getting a loan and buying through a local dealer or private seems of course more expensive. Will keep researching.... :)

Fair point but the same thread has owners selling their vehicles as lease take overs and so forth, is it not fair game to be in the same threads.

Which thread is best to catch the right replies, we are all in the same boat as such.

Maybe ask in both :) Doing it now.....