TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vendor Model X Seat Back Protection

Discussion in 'Model X' started by XPEL, Jun 9, 2016.

1. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

Hello everyone, just a friendly reminder, if you're looking for protection on the new gloss black seat backs on your Model X, look no further! XPEL has you covered!

We make pre-cut kits that are designed to be installed on the seat backs to help prevent scratches and damages from your back seat passengers/cargo. Many customers are taking advantage of protecting the panels inside, regardless if they're having the outside paint protected.

To find an installer nearest you, please click: XPEL Locator, they will be able to wrap the seat backs and give your Tesla the protection it deserves!

Enough text, take a look at this beautiful Tesla Model X that we wrapped at our XPEL Headquarters in San Antonio.

Tesla Model X fully wrapped with XPEL ULTIMATE self-healing paint protection film

[​IMG]

The gloss black seats are getting XPEL ULTIMATE installed to help protect against scratches and wear and tear from passengers and/or cargo

[​IMG]

The gloss black seats are getting XPEL ULTIMATE installed to help protect against scratches and wear and tear from passengers and/or cargo

[​IMG]

The seat backs are now protected from passengers and cargo

[​IMG]

Here Aaron is installing XPEL ULTIMATE on the rear quarter panel

[​IMG]

Here Aaron is installing XPEL ULTIMATE on the rear quarter panel, he has the lower right section installed and is working on the rest of the rear quarter panel.

[​IMG]

Aaron finished installing XPEL ULTIMATE on the rear quarter panel. ULTIMATE has no orange peel texture and is optically clear, giving a great shine and protection.

[​IMG]

We couldn't get enough of this car, didn't want to see it go!

[​IMG]

A fully wrapped Tesla Model X, what's better than that!

[​IMG]

This Tesla is ready to hit the streets, protected with XPEL ULTIMATE

[​IMG]

Thank you for our loyal customers, can't wait to see the next one in the shop!

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
  2. NathanWolf

NathanWolf Member

I know you probably can't quote prices here, but I'd be curious to know an approximate cost to expect for just wrapping the back of the front seats.

• Like x 1
  3. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

Exactly, the pricing is going to vary depending where you're located and which installer does the installation, as they set their own pricing. A moderate range for the 4 seats would be about $450 - $650 installed

4. captaintessie

captaintessie Member

I will be getting my black MX soon.

Does XPEL make is easier to keep clean and wash or is it strictly to protect the paint under the product?

Thanks

5. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

Much easier cleaning process, often you only need a good detail spray and microfiber. Due to the self-healing film, swirl marks are a thing of the past. If it's extremely dirty, an automatic car wash, or a good hand wash will do just fine.

• Like x 1
  6. Jon

Jon Member

Just just did some research on your product and I see there is no dealer located anywhere near me (Newfoundland, Canada). Do I have any options?

Thanks,

Jon

7. cmc5dc

cmc5dc Member

How long (days) does it take for a full wrap?

8. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

I've sent an email to my Canada sales rep asking about a local installer, once I hear back i will update

Depending on your installer and the vehicle, a full wrap can take as short as 2 days, all the way up to 4 or 5 days.

• Like x 1
  9. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

Hi Jon, unfortunately, we do not have one locally. According to my sales rep, the closest would be in Moncton, roughly an 18-hour ferry and 10-hour drive

10. DMH-DMH

DMH-DMH Member

Are there any problems with XPEL and the autopilot or door sensors. If someone has an unrelated falcon wing door sensor issue in the future, does having a wrap affect the warranty?

11. Jon

Jon Member

That's not practical then, unfortunately. Is there a self install option?

Thanks,

Jon

12. jka1117

jka1117 Member

@XPEL Does the kit for the seat backs include the two rear headrests? I just got XPEL on my X, and it looks amazing, but my installer didn't have the time to wrap the seat backs. I would like all of them done eventually.

13. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

Had my Xpel done on my Model X at StickerCity here in Sherman Oaks and they did an excellent job.

14. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

While it was in the garage and outside for taking pictures there were no issues with the doors opening and/or closing.

Unfortunately this is not a DIY product for the most part. It's very difficult to install, it takes specific skill and technique.

Yes, we have those available as well. We are working on the template for the Model X option that comes with 3 seats in the 2nd row.

They do great work, how much did you have done?

15. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

I had the full front wrap and the back of the front seats done.

16. Nader

Nader Member

No XPEL dealers in my area (Fresno, ca). Any dealers selling the seat kit?

17. outie

outie Member

Definitely interested in seat back kit for DIY'er.

18. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

Yes, unfortunately, the closest would be about 2.5 hours to San Jose or Monterey

The seat back kit is not a recommended DIY kit, it has a 3/5 difficulty rating. We do sell the kits online, HERE

Id highly recommend going to a local installer, if possible. To find the nearest installer please visit: XPEL Locator

19. Allante

Allante Member

@XPEL -- are your seatback protective films available in colors, or just clear? I have white seats in my X and would love to have a white film applied.

20. ellisina4

ellisina4 Member

I just got a quote from a shop in Chicago suburbs for over $700. It is higher that the upper limit of the range u provided for MX. I also got quoted $2000 for the whole front XPELed.
    Please let me know...