TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Seat Warmer / Heater Meh?

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by jsollender, Aug 5, 2016.

1. jsollender

jsollender Member

Just took a road trip up to the Colorado Rockies, 2 week old 90D with cold weather package, etc. My wife in passenger seat tried the seat warmer as it was in the 50's and rainy outside. She loves her Lexus GX seat warmer and commented that at the first setting level 3, the appropriate areas heated up modestly, but nothing like she feels in her GX. More importantly, after a quick moderate warm up, despite the indicator showing it still on level 3, the warming effect did not maintain itself, but resorted to a lower perceptible temp on her seat and lumbar region. Anyone else try the seat warmers/heaters and have a similar experience where it fades on you, and wont hold a warm enough temp to not have to turn off and restart the warm cycle?

2. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

I have not had any cold driving since I picked my car up-sorry!

3. DynoDino

DynoDino Member

Looks like two things to ask about and test at pickup. Seat Heat and the ventilated seats (heard they are a little lacking too).

4. JenkinsEar

JenkinsEar Member

Model X delivered in December. Seat heater on 3 will fry your butt. On 1, have to turn off after a minute or two - still too hot to leave on continuously.

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

If I leave the heater on level three for more than a very few minutes, there will be roasted long pig. I have an S, not an X, but I can't imagine they use a different seat heater. I'd take it in for service because there is something wrong.

6. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

I think there may be a problem with your seat heater. In none of our 6 seats can anyone take level 3 for more than a minute. You can smelt aluminum at that setting.

• Funny x 2
  7. JenkinsEar

JenkinsEar Member

Amen, brother.

• Funny x 1
  8. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

#8 Big Earl, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    I just spent a long weekend with an X90D with the cold weather package and ventilated seats. As a driver, I typically left the heated seat on 1 and was comfortable. I found the passenger seat needed to be on 2 for the same level of heat. Rear passengers found setting 2 to be too hot. Nobody was brave enough to try setting 3.

• Funny x 1
  9. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

Yes, more of the same. Setting 3 to warm it up but then immediately have to turn it down to 2 or 1
    I have the cold weather package.
    June 2016 car (one of the few with ventilated seats :))

• Informative x 1
  10. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

April 2016 car here with the winter package. I set my heat at 3 and sometimes it's nice and hot and other times it's just comfortably warm. I'm not sure if the temperature setting is more static or if it's dependent upon the cabin temperature. Passengers in the back five seats have said it's too hot at 3. My wife says it's hotter than her Audi TTrs. Maybe it's just subjective and dependent upon what you're wearing that day.

• Informative x 1
  11. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Ventilated seats here. 1 is plenty, 3 is too hot all around but sometimes start there to get things warmed up. OP might need the seats repaired or replaced.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

We like our non perforated heated seats.
    I have to turn down manually if left at 3 for long.
    All 6 seats function as described above.

• Informative x 1