Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took a road trip up to the Colorado Rockies, 2 week old 90D with cold weather package, etc. My wife in passenger seat tried the seat warmer as it was in the 50's and rainy outside. She loves her Lexus GX seat warmer and commented that at the first setting level 3, the appropriate areas heated up modestly, but nothing like she feels in her GX. More importantly, after a quick moderate warm up, despite the indicator showing it still on level 3, the warming effect did not maintain itself, but resorted to a lower perceptible temp on her seat and lumbar region. Anyone else try the seat warmers/heaters and have a similar experience where it fades on you, and wont hold a warm enough temp to not have to turn off and restart the warm cycle?

Just took a road trip up to the Colorado Rockies, 2 week old 90D with cold weather package, etc. My wife in passenger seat tried the seat warmer as it was in the 50's and rainy outside. She loves her Lexus GX seat warmer and commented that at the first setting level 3, the appropriate areas heated up modestly, but nothing like she feels in her GX. More importantly, after a quick moderate warm up, despite the indicator showing it still on level 3, the warming effect did not maintain itself, but resorted to a lower perceptible temp on her seat and lumbar region. Anyone else try the seat warmers/heaters and have a similar experience where it fades on you, and wont hold a warm enough temp to not have to turn off and restart the warm cycle?

Looks like two things to ask about and test at pickup. Seat Heat and the ventilated seats (heard they are a little lacking too).

If I leave the heater on level three for more than a very few minutes, there will be roasted long pig. I have an S, not an X, but I can't imagine they use a different seat heater. I'd take it in for service because there is something wrong.

I just spent a long weekend with an X90D with the cold weather package and ventilated seats. As a driver, I typically left the heated seat on 1 and was comfortable. I found the passenger seat needed to be on 2 for the same level of heat. Rear passengers found setting 2 to be too hot. Nobody was brave enough to try setting 3.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: HenryCH
April 2016 car here with the winter package. I set my heat at 3 and sometimes it's nice and hot and other times it's just comfortably warm. I'm not sure if the temperature setting is more static or if it's dependent upon the cabin temperature. Passengers in the back five seats have said it's too hot at 3. My wife says it's hotter than her Audi TTrs. Maybe it's just subjective and dependent upon what you're wearing that day.

• Informative
Reactions: HenryCH