Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Seats Different from Model 3/Y Seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they actually physically different seats, or are they the same seats as in the Model 3? I didn't find the Model 3 seats terribly comfortable on long journeys, but I hear people say the X seats are VERY comfortable. I assuming the seats in the 3 and the Y are the same. Any info appreciated, thank you.

Some people hate the Model X seats, so there is that. If you search the forum you be able to find some threads on this.

Personally, I think the 3 and X seats are pretty close if not identical. What is different is the pedestal (higher, different tilt profile), movement programming, and perhaps materials. I would think Tesla would do everything they could to use the same seats across their lines. But then again, the X is a very unique car with a lot of unique components.

Some people hate the Model X seats, so there is that. If you search the forum you be able to find some threads on this.

Personally, I think the 3 and X seats are pretty close if not identical. What is different is the pedestal (higher, different tilt profile), movement programming, and perhaps materials. I would think Tesla would do everything they could to use the same seats across their lines. But then again, the X is a very unique car with a lot of unique components.
The X seats have bigger side bolsters and are not as hard. I have an X and a 3 and even on short journeys, the X is way more comfortable. Of course it can be different for different people as I know people who find the 3 very comfortable and the X air suspension can play a part in it too.

Reactions: raeldor
It's very true that seat comfort is subjective. Some people prefer harder seats and some softer seats. It sounds like the seats in the X are softer. Which would you say have better mid-back support?
That's a tough one as it is very, very subjective. They both have lumbar support so should be able to accommodate most people. The 3 gives me slight back ache and the X doesn't but it might be the other way around for you. Perhaps you should test drive. All in all though, the X is a far better car in my view for long drives. For quick trips around town though the 3 is more fun and nippy and easier to park :)

Reactions: raeldor
Are they actually physically different seats, or are they the same seats as in the Model 3? I didn't find the Model 3 seats terribly comfortable on long journeys, but I hear people say the X seats are VERY comfortable. I assuming the seats in the 3 and the Y are the same. Any info appreciated, thank you.
One thing to keep in mind is that the X's seats have gone through a few revisions through the years. I can't speak to exactly what has changed or when.

Reactions: raeldor and Wheely