Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X seats - gorgeous, cooled, ventilated - me WANT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, so I've now seen photos of the Model X seats over on their forum. They're gorgeous! And several people claim they are more comfortable than the Model S seats (although I must say the Next Gen Model S seats are pretty darn good themselves).

Now that ventilated, cooled seats are a reality in one model of Tesla I sure hope they come to the S sooner rather than later.

Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 10.39.56 AM.png

They don't look that much different than my next gen seats. I find my seats already comfortable but not everyone does. I don't see perforation in the leather. How are they cooled?

The next gen seats are indeed comfortable - I just sweat a lot. They're cooled via air conditioned cold air blowing through perforations - at least according to threads on the Model X sub-forum.

I can tell you from personal experience the seats in the Model X are significantly better, light years better, than what is currently available in the Model S. The leather is softer, the headrests are adjustable, they are ventilated, oh and I did I mention the leather was softer? The seats in the Model X reminded me of seats I've sat in from BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc... While they don't have quite the depth of adjustability like the high end BMW, MB seats have, they are so much better than the Model S seats...

Now to be clear I've only sat in them for a short period of time, the car was not moving, so this wasn't road trip type situation. I find the seats in the Model S to be adequate so I don't mean to sound like they are bad or unsuitable in any way, it's just the seats in the X are in a completely different class...

Jeff

Besides the lack of seat position recall when entering the car, ventilated seats are my most missed feature in the Model S. I really am not a fan of the styling of the X, but vented seats might actually be enough to make me consider one.

If you are forced to play the guessing game - when do you think the changes are coming? March at the MIII announcement? Later? No announcement at all - stuff just shows up? I'm going nuts repeatedly pushing back my delivery date.

In typical fashion Tesla should update Model S as it goes without too much fanfare. Surely the S will get the Model X facelift but not until Model 3 is revealed as it most likely was the originator of the new front end. They don't want to give everything away :)

If you are forced to play the guessing game - when do you think the changes are coming? March at the MIII announcement? Later? No announcement at all - stuff just shows up? I'm going nuts repeatedly pushing back my delivery date.
I have adopted a new policy for all things tech, including Tesla: Don't wait, it will always been better in a few months time. With luck it will be upgradable (so far: LTE, Ludicrous for me), sometimes it will be too expensive or impractical or even not possible (battery pack upgrade, AP retrofit). Either way there is a lot of enjoyment between now and then. I have done LTE and have ordered Ludicrous for my car. No way these are financially justified, but they have added a lot for me, and I have had the best driving experiences I ever have had.

Go for it now!