Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we just took delivery of our used Model X, 2018, 75D, FSD etc...I have been driving it for the last two days, and I absolutely hate the seats.

Am I insane or is there something funky abouth te driving position, seat sizing and headrest position that makes it damn near impossible (so far) to get a comfortable driving position? I feel like I'm hunching over forward, and having to hold my head at a weird position.

The seat is definately very small. I'm 5'9" and I feel like I am sitting on top of the seat. My wife is 5'6" and she also commented that the seat is very small.

Then it feels like the streering wheel is hard to place correctly and every button is just a few inches too far away on the armrest.

In contrast, our Nissan LEAF is much more comfortable to sit in and drive.

Any similar experiences, or better yet, any advice?

Most every vehicle is more comfortable than the X... The interior comfort is by far the worst aspect of the Tesla... I had an XC90 T8 (Volvo) and Murano, my Dad has a Q7, my brother has a Highlander... Every one of them has a far better and more comfortable interior than the X. My wife's Sportage SXT we got a week before my X last year has more comfortable seats.

You're not alone and you'll see many threads about the seat discomfort (some have gone to extremes and had their seat padding redone or customized and documented it on the forums).

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: X Fan and Taoweiji