Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X- Sentry Mode Live Feed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was curious if anyone had any insight into why only the Model 3 and Model Y are getting the sentry live feed option in the app and not the Model X or Model S. I have a 2018 Model X and would appreciate having this feature as well!

Same. I’m running “4.2.3 - 742 60cec6df6”
for the iOS app and also have the premium monthly subscription.

I have the latest FSD Beta Build 2021.36.8.5 and Sentry Mode Live was not in my Release Notes (yet other Model 3/Y drivers with the same build have the feature), and I do not have the feature available. Does anyone have any insight why my 2019 Raven Model S would not have Sentry Mode Live feature? They got rid of my AutoPark. They won't give me Sentry Mode Live... Why does it feel like Tesla is [blanking] me in the [blank]?

Reactions: Gurule92
Same, 2018 with all necessary cameras and CPU update. Just got 2021.36.8.5 and NO Sentry Mode Live. I sure hope I get it!
So far, it appears Sentry Live is only available on cars with the inside camera, i.e. Model 3, Y and refreshed Model S. Pre-refresh Model S and X appear to be out of luck for now. This appears true for regular owners, as well as the FSD beta testers. The inside camera shouldn't be required for Sentry Live, so we can only surmise that the programmers inadvertently made it a gate for the Sentry Live feature. Hopefully they realize this and put out a fix soon.

Reactions: djillusion
So far, it appears Sentry Live is only available on cars with the inside camera, i.e. Model 3, Y and refreshed Model S. Pre-refresh Model S and X appear to be out of luck for now. This appears true for regular owners, as well as the FSD beta testers. The inside camera shouldn't be required for Sentry Live, so we can only surmise that the programmers inadvertently made it a gate for the Sentry Live feature. Hopefully they realize this and put out a fix soon.
That appears to be the case, I have 2021.36.8.5 (FSDBeta) on both of my cars. Live camera view works on my Model 3, but not on the Model X. A little ironic though, the inside camera is one camera that is not accessible in the app.

bah! let's hope a fix is out there for us soon.

bah! let's hope a fix is out there for us soon.
I saw somewhere that for privacy reasons, Tesla will not turn on the Sentry cameras for remote view if there is someone in the car. And apparently the inside camera is used to determine that. If that is the case and they don't change the criteria, then pre-refresh cars will NEVER see Sentry Live....

I saw somewhere that for privacy reasons, Tesla will not turn on the Sentry cameras for remote view if there is someone in the car. And apparently the inside camera is used to determine that. If that is the case and they don't change the criteria, then pre-refresh cars will NEVER see Sentry Live....
The car can easily determine if anyone is sitting in any seat w or w/o seatbelt. So I doubt that is the reason. I don't understand their thinking. Oh well, I am getting ready for a 2022 anyway.

Reactions: Art VandeIay

That would suck. But why am I not surprised either?